Are Tankies Crap drivers?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Dwarf, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let me please explain the question with a short story.

Many years ago in the days of the Cold War as a young and very inexperienced Dwarf my sub-unit had occasion to be co-located on exercise with a tank unit in a German wood. This was my first time with tanks and it was all new.
    I had to cross a track in the wood which had a low rise followed by a dip so one couldn't see what was coming.
    In mid-path I hear...
    Rumble.
    "What could that be?" asks my youthful inexperience as I pause........(In a wood full of tanks!!!!)
    RUMBLE
    "I wonder what it is" .................(A TANK FFS)
    RUMBLE
    At which point my instinct for survival cut in, kneed my youthful inexperience in the groin, and threw me off the road. Just in time to see two scimitars FLY over the rise, the lead one landing on the precise point where I had paused, and disappear round the next bend at speed. The driver blithely unaware that he had come within an instant of leaving a messy Jackson Pollock in the road, and saved himself writing out a report, (with all those long words) and a tedious time of cleaning bits of Dwarf out of his running gear.

As I picked myself up from the deck, amongst expressions like "mad feckers", and "wait till I get my Mum on you" passing through my mind the following question arose and has been with me ever since.

"Do tankies drive their civvy cars like that?"

- Does the armour round them make them feel invulnerable? Do they need special insurance?

Does anyone have an opinion?

2. Mine is. Our insurance rates say so.

He also claims to have an infallible sense of direction due to years of map-reading, blah blah blah...and yet somehow we ended up doing laps around Embankment for two hours one day.

3. Sorry, I'm not sure you can use 'Scimitar' and 'tank' in the same sentence.

The CVR(T) is nothing more than a Citroen Saxo with bean-tin exhaust and crappy handling package for the DPM-clad.

Effing good fun, though.

4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

What has that to do with tanks FFS - any fecker can drive a tonka toy

THIS IS A TANK

[​IMG]

5. I stand corrected.
    Still can give you a nasty case of track-rash though.

6. Dont think tankies need to be good drivers....just crush anything in their way......... 8O

7. parking is a doddle too!

8. [​IMG]

"Show consideration for other road users!"

Edited too many times due to imageshack playing up! :evil:

9. I want to be Tank Crew, and I don't have a car driving licence yet, if that helps ;) .

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

You know it is

Parking Problems?

11. insurance ... like 3rd party, fire, theft, friendly fire from A-10s and some ragheaded cnut with an RPG? You can get that package in liverpool (apart from theft coverage obviously)

12. What? like one of these.... :roll: :wink:

[align=center][​IMG] [/align]

13. Including one of those................................. it's not fuzed :D

14. One of these, then.

[​IMG]

15. The little tanks can be stopped by raving homos.

[​IMG]