Are Standards Slipping?

Napper

Swinger
The other day I saw a WO1 from 23 Reg wearing his cap badge nearer his left ear than his left eye, this would have been a seven day ROP's offence in my day, I nearly gave him a bollocking.

1 out of 10 because you got WO1 right ^~

SHOCK - somebody from airborne unit has capbadge well past left eye. Not exactly outrage bus material is it?

7 days ROPs for that, have a f**king word with yourself. I'd be interested if you could provide an example of where somebody has got 7 days ROPs for that. Even for a junior Sapper the most it should be is a show parade. Perhaps get your head in AGAI 67 parity of punishment for minor offences.

The other day I saw a WO1 from 23 Reg wearing his cap badge nearer his left ear than his left eye, this would have been a seven day ROP's offence in my day, I nearly gave him a bollocking.
Next time you see him give him a bollocking and then when you wake up in hospital you can contemplate raising the standards of your self defence:rolleyes:

Of course standards have slipped. In my day....................................blah blah.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
MemeCenter_1409070249007_655.jpg

chimera

LE
Moved to the hole where it belongs.

I want to batter you to death with a shit-encrusted ladle.

Well of course standards are slipping.
They always are, ever since one protozoa told another lesser protozoan that his flagella weren't straight enough the standards have been slipping.

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
- Socrates

So nothing actually new.

Well of course standards are slipping.
They always are, ever since one protozoa told another lesser protozoan that his flagella weren't straight enough the standards have been slipping.

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
- Socrates

So nothing actually new.

"Gobby little cnuts, always wanting sticky bars, finger blasting each other before their 11th birthdays, dropping pills like smarties, shanking their grandparents for little monetary reward, they should all be shot with shite!

Noah (from the Ark).

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd be interested to know if Dress Regs have been correspondingly amended in the meantime. Is it no longer mandatory to wear your cap-badge one inch over your left mince?

Another thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to have taken to wearing gloves these days. You see piccies of the lads in Iraq or Afghanistan, it's ninety-ten in the shade and they're all wearing fückin' gloves! Do they all suffer from very poor circulation, or is it just for the allyness?

MsG

Edit> Hey, I've just noticed that I'm no longer on ROPs. Cheers for that.

I'd be interested to know if Dress Regs have been correspondingly amended in the meantime. Is it no longer mandatory to wear your cap-badge one inch over your left mince?

Another thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to have taken to wearing gloves these days. You see piccies of the lads in Iraq or Afghanistan, it's ninety-ten in the shade and they're all wearing fückin' gloves! Do they all suffer from very poor circulation, or is it just for the allyness?

MsG

Edit> Hey, I've just noticed that I'm no longer on ROPs. Cheers for that.

Try handling metal equipment when it's been in temperatures of 45 degrees upwards.

Chodmeister

RIP
RIP
It's classed as PPE so gloves have to be worn.

I was a contractor working in Afghanistan and had just attended a Health & Safety presentation, as part of my being jiffed for that role in our sub unit.

Driving back to the office I passed a young sapper cutting metal piping with an angle grinder sans PPE of any sort.

Full of Health and Safety zeal I wound down my window and chaffed him gently with "Excuse me, shouldn't you be wearing eye protection?"

"**** Off you civvie c**t!!" put me straight back in my box.

Top lad I though at the time.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It's classed as PPE so gloves have to be worn.
I don't quite buy that. If you see piccies of squaddies in, say, Aden at the end of the 1960s, they were working under much the same climatic conditions, but they wore no gloves. I believe it''s been taken over from the Septics, who seem to have started the "fashion" anyway.

MsG

Latest Threads