Are RP's still as fat as they always were

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by error_unknown, Jan 21, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the Corps in 96 and wondered if todays current crop of Regimental Policemen, continue to maintain the high standards set by their predecessors.
    As "De-la-billiard-ball" once said "If it wasn't for the RP service, where would the chubby, bald, ginger, bitter men of the Royal Corps of Signals eke out their twilight years."

2. As "De-la-billiard-ball" once said "If it wasn't for the RP service, where would the chubby, bald, ginger, bitter men of the Royal Corps of Signals eke out their twilight years."

C_C,  Discrimination of the highest order some body should have a word with  Peter D-L-B, what does he know. picking on me, I was never an RP, and we never had ginger hair, it was AUBURN on my P-file & MOD 90!!

3. :wink: New archies sells big pies, i like big pies, little pies no good, must have man size pie. U like pies ??????

4. i was an RP in my last unit and could find nothing better than taking the toms straight from the factory off the parade square with tears in their eyes  ;D

I LOVE IT !!  ;)

5. I have a lot of respect for RPs.

Nearly all the ones I have seen have been extremely smart and dedicated to their job.  I think we need more of this type to keep the 'little scrotes' in line.

[​IMG]

6. Most Regiments/larger Corps save the RP posts for their (let's not say wasters) less than thrusting NCOs.

What about the R SIGS?

Discuss....

7. Bitter, bitter, bitter men. The ones at Harrogate hated everybody, including each other, and themselves.

The only bit of payback was the pleasure of observing the fat dregs, dragging themselves round the BFT once a year, with all the AT's watching out the windows of the trade blocks.

8. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Actually the last 7 Sigs one was a right skinny one but that must have been a manning and record error as they now have a right porker in there  ;D

9. Thank god i've not been in a RP post, thats one of the jobs i'd hate. so thank you all those who choose to be.

10. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Remember the RP Sgt at 1 Div in the late 80's - skinny, short arsed jock with serious little man syndrome.  I'm a jock and even I couldn't understand him when he started screaming.

Had a daughter too, looked exactly like him and she (allegedly) gave it away to anyone.

11. What was the name of the old, chubby pioneer RP sergeant at 28 Sigs round about 89-92?  He was southern Irish and bloody hated me simply because I was from the North - the oul bollocks

12. Anyone remember Sgt 'Blobby' Dixon at 1 Div? Should answer your question. Think he was actually a lance jack!!!
    Anyway RP's have one thing in common with PTI's.......they're all failed tradesmen!!! ;D

13. Yes They Are and anyone who is currently serving in 1(UK)Adsr Hammersmith barracks will tell you.Yes They are still there

14. Crap at your job, join the RP staff. Failing that there's always the training wing.