Are ODPs becoming QAs

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Nurseyboy1, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently heard that the ODP trade was due to re-capbadge from RAMC to QARANC. Is this true, and if so, why?
  2. Please please let this be the case, I will just P1ss myself laughing
  3. My point exactly. Ive got a lot of close ODP friends who are in denial, but Im not sure if they know the facts. Poor b#@%&*ds. It would be funny.
  4. Damn it, was really hoping that was true!! When Im DGAMS its gonna happen!
  5. WAH!

Are you looking for snap reps? You got a little time on your hands to go fishing for some bites?
  6. Would I? Lets get the doctors!!!
  7. When I was a theatre nurse there was a lot of talk about what a jolly good idea it would be to have a single CEG of ODP, which would be drawn from existing theatre techs and theatre nurses (each doing a bit of token cross-over training).

Of course, the fly in the ointment was the partisan, divisive, federated nature of the AMS. One CEG, it was argued, would have to be united under one cap-badge. The QAs would not allow their nurses to be subsumed into the RAMC and the RAMC would see ODPs going to QA only over their dead bodies.

Result - jolly good idea becomes a stalemate, all over which stupid bloody cap-badge you would have to wear.

(For the record - throughout my 5 yrs TA and 8 yrs regular service I remained a staunch advocate of a single cap-badge AMS, precisely because of this sort of infantile boll**ks!)
  8. Please, god, please let it be true :twisted:
  9. D-L go back to playing with poo
  10. there is already a thread on this in this forum that a fat slaphead ODP WO2 started and said nothing when another ODP blamed on me at an ODP WOs meeting.

1st ODP to QA

and also here by a BMS just 2 posts above this one:

ODP to QA?

We should go to the QAs, the QAs know how to look after their troops! RAMC is run by doctors for doctors.
    Also, ODPs are clinically closer to nursing than any other RAMC trade.
  11. I heard something along these lines whilst at a conf last year.
  12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

If there was a God, I'd have loved to seen Bulldog in some grey stockings.................... oops I have!
  13. who hasnt?
  14. Come on guys I was young needed the money and would do anything sober let alone after a sniff of the barmaids apron
  15. This rumour is older than the hills, it'll never happen!