Are newly derelict Army Careers Offices (AFCOs) a sign of the times?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bodacious, Aug 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the once-proud AFCO in Colchester which has recently closed down.

The person who turned the lights off and put up the sign in the window:
    a) Couldn't be bothered to take down the Army banner on the building -so it now brings shame on the Army as it gets overgrown with weeds
    b) Can't spell
    c) Didn't bother to even put the contact details of the other AFCOs that they mentioned on the sign

Oh well -it's only one of the biggest garrison towns in the country (home of the Paras, 16 Air Assault Bde, Pathfinders, MCTC and so on). Quality work, boys!

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      136 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      167 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      88.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Colchester? Potential paras can't read anyway!

3. To take your points one at a time:

a) Probably not allowed to, H&S. someone should probably be contracted to do it with a cherry picker. No doubt no one has bothered or the funds aren't there. Either way, meh.

b) About right for Army speeling innt?

c) About right Army effort innt?

I'd say it just about sums up today's Armed Forces. Broke.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Give the poor bloke a chance. He was probably made redundant and is going through resettlement as a sign writer for greengrocer's shop's. (Yes, I did mean to put it that way).

• Like Like x 4
  5. The graduates can. Seems a shame, I first went to Bolton, proud as punch aged 17 with my FLT licence in hand, recruiter informed me chimps can drive flt's.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. You really are like thrush........what happened did you have day release from the institute in Colly today.

7. You mean along with getting frothy and outraged over 'Lazy and Slovenly' Paras?

Less Thrush and more like a dose of the Gay.

8. That spelling is awesome.

9. Oresum!

• Like Like x 1
  10. You havent got a clue the reason the sign is there IS the contracter hasnt taken it down the spelling aint to bad lol the phone numbers if you are that keen find the number yourself, its not my job to hold your hand !!! just so you know this office was the most successful in Essex 3 yrs running and should have stayed open it IS embarrasing seeing the building as it is and i have reported it numerous times. If you are that concerned do yourself abit of weeding !! oh and do t forget when you go along to chelmsford careers office tel number 01245 355925 say hi !!!!!!QUOTE=Bodacious;5259491]This is the once-proud AFCO in Colchester which has recently closed down.

The person who turned the lights off and put up the sign in the window:
    a) Couldn't be bothered to take down the Army banner on the building -so it now brings shame on the Army as it gets overgrown with weeds
    b) Can't spell
    c) Didn't bother to even put the contact details of the other AFCOs that they mentioned on the sign

Oh well -it's only one of the biggest garrison towns in the country (home of the Paras, 16 Air Assault Bde, Pathfinders, MCTC and so on). Quality work, boys![/QUOTE]

11. Since you see worried about this and were close enough to take photo's, next time, take a spade and a fork and do something more useful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I must say that the office doesn't now belong to the ARMY it belo gs to and is the responsibility of the RFCA and if you don't know what it stands for google it unless you want me to hold your hand again lol get a life mate people lost there jobs when that office shut

13. Army recruiters are all the shite that the Regt's / Bn's post out so no great loss.

14. Most of Colchester hgh street looks like that

15. Think the OP has a point.
    The office in Bromley near me has shut and it's been left, a shabby closed shop, it looks worse because a lot of the other businesses nearby are still going and are comparatively thriving.
    It's right by the entrance to the main and very busy shopping centre. Thousands of people walk right by it every day.
    OK the decision's been taken, we don't "need" them, or there are more "cost effective" methods, but tidy them up don't leave them looking a disgrace and reflecting badly on the armed forces.