are my A levels sufficient to join the army as an officer.

hello, I made an application to join the army and hopefully train to be an officer

I completed my application and received an email today regarding my Scottish A levels. I don't have any A-levels but I have qualifications equivalent to it. they are as follows

HNC in physiology = A level
subsidiary diploma in sport = A level
60 credits in health science module with the open university = A level

I have 7 GCSE's all above standard grade 3 and core skills higher IT English and numeracy.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Chris

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You'll need to engage with the recruiters. Be patient and take a deep breath as you may find the process a little frustrating. Good luck.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
hello, I made an application to join the army and hopefully train to be an officer

I completed my application and received an email today regarding my Scottish A levels. I don't have any A-levels but I have qualifications equivalent to it. they are as follows

HNC in physiology = A level
subsidiary diploma in sport = A level
60 credits in health science module with the open university = A level

I have 7 GCSE's all above standard grade 3 and core skills higher IT English and numeracy.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Chris
Contact your Candidate Support Manager who will send you a form called an Educational Waiver. This goes to the Senior Education Adviser at AOSB who makes the final call. I know him. He is a bon ouef. You’ll be ok. Halloumikid.

ok @Daxx i'll have a bit of patience wait until i have a reply then ill give them a phone. i really hope i have enough to an
Contact your Candidate Support Manager who will send you a form called an Educational Waiver. This goes to the Senior Education Adviser at AOSB who makes the final call. I know him. He is a bon ouef. You’ll be ok. Halloumikid.
Thank you so much i'll get on this tomorrow.

received an email telling me to send my certificates, I believe I have over 35 alis points from 7 GCSE just a question whether they will take my a level equivalent.

halloumikid

Old-Salt
received an email telling me to send my certificates, I believe I have over 35 alis points from 7 GCSE just a question whether they will take my a level equivalent.
Your certificates will go to the Inital Eligibility Team. They will check them, before sending them on to AOSB if they think you don’t have enough.

foxs_marine

War Hero
Congratulations.

I know it's turbo bone to jump on the back of this already answered thread, but does anyone know if A Levels at grade E, and AS Levels (at any grade) are accepted for officer entry?

I've called the national recruiting centre number and they've said they're unsure, and to apply anyway and see what happens, but I just want to get an idea of what the likely outcome is

Any gen appreciated

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Army website sets out quite clearly the requirement.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I get told off every time I point out the obvious in serious threads. The Army website states very clearly the acceptable level and type of qualifications.

Latest Threads