ARE MET POLICE NOT PERMITTED TO WEAR POPPIES IN UNIFORM??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by chimera, Nov 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Only ask because in my travels through London I have yet to see a copper wearing a poppy in uniform.

Any ARRSE Met bods out there to confirm or deny?

2. I think I might've seen some with poppies on last year..

3. Does anyone recall after the 7/7 bombings in London, there was some story about the Met having to wear a green ribbon as a mark of respect for the Muslim commuters killed during the bombings?

Cheer Easy!

4. Where did that originate from, the Scum!. :roll:

5. Nice to see the Chief Yeoman Warder at the Tower wearing a Poppy on his Bonnet this morning.

Not seen any Met wearing Poppies yet, but then you don't often see a Copper in London.

And don't they look young nowadays.

6. What Planet are you on!

there are 31,141 Met Police Officers.

7. Saw lots of Met and BTP yesterday. No poppies, asked myself the same question.

8. I couldn't find the irony smiley. My comment about them looking young wasn't serious either.

Thanks for the factual input. I may use that in the next pub quiz.

9. That's one big canteen then! :D

10. Honestly, to say " but then you don't often see a Copper in London." is a bit understatement.

Ohh but let me see, you were at the Tower which just pushes into the Corporation of London's territory so no, you wont see a Met Police Officer there!! You can stick that into your factual input too at your pub quiz!.

11. Seriously though, I dont see many proper coppers in London, plenty of geeky, ersatz, CSOs, but the real McCoy seem to keep a very low profile.

12. I wonder if the PSNI the same....?

13. [pedant on] It's now the City of London Corporation!! [pedant off]

And you do see Met officers over here as they have an agreement to answer calls if they are the closest unit. The problem is that the two forces use different control centres so it is usually quicker to get a City bobby from further away than pass the request through the system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the City Police don't have armed response "Trojan" and dog units so we also see Met doing those jobs.

14. [quote="CarpeDiem]
    And you do see Met officers over here as they have an agreement to answer calls if they are the closest unit. The problem is that the two forces use different control centres so it is usually quicker to get a City bobby from further away than pass the request through the system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the City Police don't have armed response "Trojan" and dog units so we also see Met doing those jobs.[/quote]

You are wrong, The City do have and provide 24hr Armed Response.