ARE MET POLICE NOT PERMITTED TO WEAR POPPIES IN UNIFORM??

chimera

LE
Only ask because in my travels through London I have yet to see a copper wearing a poppy in uniform.

Any ARRSE Met bods out there to confirm or deny?

Does anyone recall after the 7/7 bombings in London, there was some story about the Met having to wear a green ribbon as a mark of respect for the Muslim commuters killed during the bombings?

Cheer Easy!

Skinn_Full said:
Does anyone recall after the 7/7 bombings in London, there was some story about the Met having to wear a green ribbon as a mark of respect for the Muslim commuters killed during the bombings?

Cheer Easy!
Where did that originate from, the Scum!. :roll:

Nice to see the Chief Yeoman Warder at the Tower wearing a Poppy on his Bonnet this morning.

Not seen any Met wearing Poppies yet, but then you don't often see a Copper in London.

And don't they look young nowadays.

Jacob1650 said:
Nice to see the Chief Yeoman Warder at the Tower wearing a Poppy on his Bonnet this morning.

Not seen any Met wearing Poppies yet, but then you don't often see a Copper in London.

What Planet are you on!

there are 31,141 Met Police Officers.

I couldn't find the irony smiley. My comment about them looking young wasn't serious either.

Thanks for the factual input. I may use that in the next pub quiz.

Mad_Moriarty said:
Jacob1650 said:

What Planet are you on!

That's one big canteen then! :D

Fred_Cat said:
Mad_Moriarty said:
Jacob1650 said:

What Planet are you on!

Honestly, to say " but then you don't often see a Copper in London." is a bit understatement.

Ohh but let me see, you were at the Tower which just pushes into the Corporation of London's territory so no, you wont see a Met Police Officer there!! You can stick that into your factual input too at your pub quiz!.

Seriously though, I dont see many proper coppers in London, plenty of geeky, ersatz, CSOs, but the real McCoy seem to keep a very low profile.

Mad_Moriarty said:
Fred_Cat said:
Mad_Moriarty said:
Jacob1650 said:

What Planet are you on!

Honestly, to say " but then you don't often see a Copper in London." is a bit understatement.

Ohh but let me see, you were at the Tower which just pushes into the Corporation of London's territory so no, you wont see a Met Police Officer there!! You can stick that into your factual input too at your pub quiz!.
[pedant on] It's now the City of London Corporation!! [pedant off]

And you do see Met officers over here as they have an agreement to answer calls if they are the closest unit. The problem is that the two forces use different control centres so it is usually quicker to get a City bobby from further away than pass the request through the system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the City Police don't have armed response "Trojan" and dog units so we also see Met doing those jobs.

[quote="CarpeDiem]
And you do see Met officers over here as they have an agreement to answer calls if they are the closest unit. The problem is that the two forces use different control centres so it is usually quicker to get a City bobby from further away than pass the request through the system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the City Police don't have armed response "Trojan" and dog units so we also see Met doing those jobs.[/quote]

You are wrong, The City do have and provide 24hr Armed Response.

City of London Police have their own Firearms Unit and Dogs. Look at the Old Bailey (Central Criminal Court) at the next Terror type trial and the armed officers outside will be City of London.

As for the Poppies I'm sure they are allowed, but seem hard to come by this year.

That's me corrected then. It was my understanding that during the recent force merger talks, when the Met decided not to absorb the City force, there was an agreement reached that it was pointless to have two seperate ARU organisations and the City would, in the future, use the Met's but stay indepedent, concentrating on their speciality of economic crime.

Ventress

LE
I proudly wear mine and was complimented by a gentleman as he hadn't seen any other police wearing one.

But as posted around the site Poppies arent as common as they were last few years.

CarpeDiem said:
That's me corrected then. It was my understanding that during the recent force merger talks, when the Met decided not to absorb the City force, there was an agreement reached that it was pointless to have two seperate ARU organisations and the City would, in the future, use the Met's but stay indepedent, concentrating on their speciality of economic crime.
I think you will find that was a Ken Livingston sponsored idea that fell flat on its face.

That isn't the way some in the City police saw it, by all accounts!!

Speaking of which, any City officer... or any Met officer who happens to be in the area... or just about anyone passing the Mansion House by Bank station who wants a poppy, they are on sale in the Security Lodge!!