Are men still allowed to join the Army?

oppoStu

Old-Salt
The majority of soldiers have left by their 5 year point for decades. However blaming those leaving because they are millennnials is a handy way for senior officers to blames someone else for the shit way they run the forces.
Fair enough. Guess nothing has changed.

At the end of the day, you can only take out what you put in, be positive, know why you're joining and achieve your goals. Fair play to those that are leaving for that reason, t'is the circle of life.

Faded

Swinger
And make the advert badass, like the Royal Marine adverts.
This is their latest offering:

If the infantry want to recruit more perhaps they need to start putting out more about what they do and/or training. I had a quick look on the Army's official YouTube page and whilst there is the odd video about some LFTT or training exercise, they are mostly less than 3 minutes and only have interviews with officers. I just don't think your average teenager is going to relate to it; but that's just me.

oppoStu

Old-Salt

If the infantry want to recruit more perhaps they need to start putting out more about what they do and/or training. I had a quick look on the Army's official YouTube page and whilst there is the odd video about some LFTT or training exercise, they are mostly less than 3 minutes and only have interviews with officers. I just don't think your average teenager is going to relate to it; but that's just me.
Agreed - their YouTube content is very poor. Their Instagram page is much better.

The Army should encourage current serving soldiers/officers to create content that is more creative and relatable to the younger generations by sponsorship or some incentives on all social platforms.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I think the next recruiting ad should feature twins. One of them narrating his day at the office... The other doing comparative stuff in the Army.

Eg:

Civvie Twin (who I despise, btw): "took the new company car out for a spin..."

Shows civvie cunt driving about on a country lane in unremarkable red car...

- pans to squaddie flying a WAH-64 Longbow Apache, vapourising bad guys with a full complement of Hellfire Missiles, CRV-7 rockets and loaded mag of 30 mill...

Civvie Twin: "looking forward to my summer hols this year. We're off to Mallorca"

Shows civvie cunt getting up at 6am to bag a sunbed before "ze Germans" surrounded by poor families with kids named "Alfie" wearing their all inclusive watered down drinks type wristbands...

- pans to squaddie abseiling out of a Wildcat onto the beach, with the downwash from the rotor blades blowing poor people towels all over the joint, explains to his brother it's a quick stop at they're en route to some Hot & High to spend 6 weeks in strip bars in Cyprus, in between water skiing, eating fine cuisine and blowing shit up, whilst getting a free tan.

Civvie Twin: "this job keeps me fit with all these stairs"

Shows civvie cunt being treated like a bitch carrying files around for his 19 year old "team leader"

- pan to squaddie destroying a set of 50s in his free gym, smoke coming from the treadmill, a WAH-64 Longbow Apache in the background destroying terrorists and vegetation, cuts to squaddie in bed with his missus, missus asks what he's been up to today, says "hang on I'll show you"... Begins to bench-press the bitch, making her moist and want him right there, right now.

Just a few ideas.

I think the next recruiting ad should feature twins. One of them narrating his day at the office... The other doing comparative stuff in the Army.

Eg:

Shows civvie **** driving about on a country lane in unremarkable red car...

- pans to squaddie flying a WAH-64 Longbow Apache, vapourising bad guys with a full complement of Hellfire Missiles, CRV-7 rockets and loaded mag of 30 mill...

Civvie Twin: "looking forward to my summer hols this year. We're off to Mallorca"

Shows civvie **** getting up at 6am to bag a sunbed before "ze Germans" surrounded by poor families with kids named "Alfie" wearing their all inclusive watered down drinks type wristbands...

- pans to squaddie abseiling out of a Wildcat onto the beach, with the downwash from the rotor blades blowing poor people towels all over the joint, explains to his brother it's a quick stop at they're en route to some Hot & High to spend 6 weeks in strip bars in Cyprus, in between water skiing, eating fine cuisine and blowing shit up, whilst getting a free tan.

Shows civvie **** being treated like a bitch carrying files around for his 19 year old "team leader"

- pan to squaddie destroying a set of 50s in his free gym, smoke coming from the treadmill, a WAH-64 Longbow Apache in the background destroying terrorists and vegetation, cuts to squaddie in bed with his missus, missus asks what he's been up to today, says "hang on I'll show you"... Begins to bench-press the bitch, making her moist and want him right there, right now.

Just a few ideas.
Great, they can do all that on COD, AND look how they want, talk to who they want, turn up when they want, and take as many drugs as they want, without leaving the sofa.

Eg:

Shows civvie **** getting up at 6am to bag a sunbed before "ze Germans" surrounded by poor families with kids named "Alfie" wearing their all inclusive watered down drinks type wristbands...

Shows civvie **** being treated like a bitch carrying files around for his 19 year old "team leader"

Just a few ideas.
I’d vote for that! Get a production company and let’s make our own!

oppoStu

Old-Salt

Eg:

Just a few ideas.
Please apply for Head of Marketing at the British Army.

Kefi

Swinger

This was the RAF Regt equivalent before women were invited to the party.

This is the 2019 up date that discriminates between Age & Sex.

This was the RAF Regt equivalent before women were invited to the party.

The elite of the RAF did less than the AGC/RLC/Dental corps in that clip.

Kefi

Swinger
The elite of the RAF did less than the AGC/RLC/Dental corps in that clip.
Agreed, its pathetic & an example of how diversity will corrupt effectiveness.

MALES – minimum number required:
Sit-ups
16-29
30-34
35-39
40-44
45-47
FEMALES – minimum number required:
Sit-ups
16-29
30-34
35-39