Are men still allowed to join the Army?

The fire service dont give a **** about peoples religious views on beards.
I thought the fire service had 'watered down' it's entrance test for females for instance? No first hand knowledge, just comments from people on this site

I thought the fire service had 'watered down' it's entrance test for females for instance? No first hand knowledge, just comments from people on this site
Maybe, but unlike the British Army, they didn't say the seals on their facemasks were compromised by facial hair, before making exceptions due to diversity.

D

Deleted 60082

And light generations ahead of what I was issued in 1983, some of which I still have in boxes in the garage if anyone wants proof.

My dekit is going to be a hoot :)
When I went to return my kit, all Supply wanted back was my helmet, respirator, body armour. I handed over the slug (sleeping bag) and that was it; they didn’t want my sword, sword belt, accoutrements, flying kit, Navigator bag, flying helmet bag, MTP… Ebay did rather well!

And light generations ahead of what I was issued in 1983, some of which I still have in boxes in the garage if anyone wants proof.

My dekit is going to be a hoot :)
Depending on your units policy, you might only have to hand back your P class items. Get those frog leg long johns on ebay. As used by the SAS/PARAS/COMMANDO.

Yes there was, people with rose tinted specs just chose to forget it ^~
I think it was more a case that the Army was big enough to hide the short fall. Now we are around 50k fully deployable, its becoming a bit more noticeable.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It always has, and it didn’t bother the working class white Male until it was published on social media.
The white working class male now has better options or is of a type that the Army won't touch with a barge pole

anglo

LE
The fire service dont give a **** about peoples religious views on beards.
For control or support staff, there are no problems in having a beard. However firefighters must keep most of their face free of hair or stubble because it affects the seal of their breathing apparatus. Breathing apparatus is not just there to supply oxygen, it’s there to keep out smoke because smoke from many fires is extremely toxic (many fire victims actually die from cyanide or other poisoning). We cannot allow anything that makes breathing apparatus less effective, so firefighters can only have a moustache or a small goatee beard that doesn’t interfere with the seal

For control or support staff, there are no problems in having a beard. However firefighters must keep most of their face free of hair or stubble because it affects the seal of their breathing apparatus. Breathing apparatus is not just there to supply oxygen, it’s there to keep out smoke because smoke from many fires is extremely toxic (many fire victims actually die from cyanide or other poisoning). We cannot allow anything that makes breathing apparatus less effective, so firefighters can only have a moustache or a small goatee beard that doesn’t interfere with the seal

Yes I know, we were told something similar during our CBRN training, unless errrrr your God says otherwise, then suddenly a really important rule suddenly doesnt seem so important.

Kefi

Swinger
Talking to an RAF tech friend who has transferred to aircrew she struggled to explian how it all worked with the different job specs within the aircrew world. Not to mention the complexity of the trade training that is spread out over a long period. The new world order of HMF seems to have lost its way, from recrutment to in-house training, i get the feeling people begin to lose interset & focus in what they are doing ?
Evrything we did back in the day seemed to be at the double (figure of speech) you got on a coures cracked on got a P or F back to unit ready for the next one.

When I went to return my kit, all Supply wanted back was my helmet, respirator, body armour. I handed over the slug (sleeping bag) and that was it; they didn’t want my sword, sword belt, accoutrements, flying kit, Navigator bag, flying helmet bag, MTP… Ebay did rather well!
I tend to think they will get back what I can be bothered to give :)

What public services don't :)
I think men and women at lambeth council can have long hair; preparing for the MOD to be hoisted by their own petard

I am in my 37th year of service, started as a private and am not some bloke who did a couple of years a couple of generations agao and pretends to be an expert on the Army ~^
We know and you were Richard Sharpe's full screw

What the military need is to stop focussing in white working class men/women, instead look at the Navy and the RAF, and open the service up to a long term commitment. A real career choice, leaving at 66. You’d have no problem with retention or recruitment, then and those toms who want to stay could the transfer to some REMF role, once there fitness started to let them down,
15 or 20 seconds of thought put into your post? I'd say, up against some massive competition, this has to be the stupidest post I've seen on here this year.

The senior officers (political generals) are targeting BAME and female because of government set targets they have to hit by 2020.

No more, no less. If they hadn't been set those targets, they wouldn't give a flying fig :)
If the senior officers had any loyalty, they'd do what was right for Defence, not what will get them the right job from some political lizard who doesn't give a fuck about the Armed Forces.

D

Deleted 60082

If the senior officers had any loyalty, they'd do what was right for Defence, not what will get them the right job from some political lizard who doesn't give a **** about the Armed Forces.
Yes, well, back to reality in Whitehall...and point out that the present and previous SofS have been SP; as has Min AF Tobias Elwood. And others o can’t be bothered to name. Like Mark Lancaster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads