Are HM Forces up to preventing the grasping Spaniards seizing The Rock?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Maalox, Jul 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Argies invaded the Falklands in order to take their populace's mind off their economic woes.

What if the Spaniards tried the same today?
    Spain escalates Gibraltar stand-off by stopping 10,000 vehicles leaving the Rock sparking six-hour border delays in 86F heat | Mail Online

Just because Spain & the UK are both EEC, don't say it couldn't happen, with these hot-blooded Hispanics.

What UK forces are available to defend the island, and being that Cameron is no Maggie, do the generals still have the balls?!

[​IMG]

2. The Gibraltar Regiment and the Rockapes (the real ones) should suffice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Let them have it. There's no oil there? Is there?

4. Being that the RAF have not one Harrier, whilst the Spaniards are awash with them, I think VTOL would be the decider.

[​IMG]

The French would not let British reinforcements fly over French territory. They would have to fly far out in to the Atlantic, barely within the RAF's abilities. This could be a fait accompli quicker and sooner than we can imagine. We have all been to & love Majorca, but a Spaniard has a different thought process, memory, and sense of pride & history & desire for revenge than an Englishman.

[​IMG]

5. Don't worry. The world's shortest walts stand ready to defend Gib against the Diego hordes.

[​IMG]

6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

To the hole, it is trolling for bites. Leave them be and it will get bored and fuck off

• Like Like x 5
  7. Your mum deserves womb cancer for spawning you.

8. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I know the OP reads the Daily Mail and has an O2 tag, however his original post is lacking what I think is an equally important and pertinent question: Are the Spanish Armed Forces up to seizing Gibraltar?

9. they're both in the EEC, it couldn't happen.

10. What is left of HM's Armed Forces are capable of denying Spain, but are our craven, pusillanimous politicians?

Hague is starting to make pro EU noises; Cameron is a coward; Clegg is a EU plant; Miliband wouldn't know Gibraltar from gonorrhoea and I fear the worst for the 30,000 Gibraltarians who, almost to a man, want to remain British.

11. Quite right - this explains why they haven't sent anybody to fight anybody for years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Amusingly i had an email from a mate who lives there at the moment who said most gibraltarians are shockingly racist and hate the brits until it suits their interests to be british. He thought they were as much to blame as the spanish over this saga.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just stop Ryanair flying in tourist's, Spain would be broke and sue for peace in under a week

• Like Like x 1

14. you just dont hear the word "craven" used in conversation enough anymore, how are the olden days treating you?

• Like Like x 2