Are gypsies really psychic?

Are gypsies really psychic? I only ask because last week I gave up trying to fix our old washing machine after the third breakdown in as many months, and forked out for a shiny new one. This morning, after many reminders from Mrs Civvy, tired of shuffling around it to get into the kitchen, I set about disposing of the old one. Being a Yorkshireman, I drew a line at paying the local council £20 quid to collect it; and so dragged it as far as just outside the front door, with a fair hunch that someone would eventually nick it. Sunday morning, 1100, not a soul in sight. Head straight to kitchen, ready for a brew now that the kitchen door isn't blocked by junk, click the kettle on, and before the water has time to start bubbling there's a ping from the front doorbell. I glance at Mrs C, wondering if we've got some nosy neighbour out to complain that we are lowering the tone of the neighbourhood (but they really aren't like that round here). Nope, there stands a person of the travelling persuasion, pick up truck behind him, wanting to know if he can take said machine. Job jobbed. He didn't leave a waste management receipt but I'm sure he'll dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way. Or flog it to an old lady.

But I swear, no more than 90 seconds elapsed between dumping the thing outside and his appearance. So are gyppo's really psychic? Do they have a sixth sense for the impending availability of scrap metal? Or was it really someone from the NSA, watching my house round the clock from UAV's, eager to collect evidence of my highly advanced bodging skills which kept the old machine going so long???

Dwarf

LE
I knew someone was going to say that before me.

...and whilst the cheeky little scamp* had got your attention with the washing machine, the rest of his family were around the back of your gaff "liberating" loads more of your stuff.

*Filthy thieving ****

Same here with an old lawn mower, within 2 mins of my putting it out it was gone. Mind you they didn't ring the doorbell to ask first. Maybe the dids up your way are better mannered than mind?

Dwarf

LE
...and whilst the cheeky little scamp* had got your attention with the washing machine, the rest of his family were around the back of your gaff "liberating" loads more of your stuff.

*Filthy thieving ****
You don't like them now do you? I can tell.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
That's why Gypsies don't need contraception - they've got crystal balls so they can see things coming.

They sensed my Diesel welder generator was out of my sight for 10 fuckin minutes, and weighed it in before I had finished me brew.

I believe they have radar in their transits that can locate metal from 5 miles away, they can POL and scramble a barely roadworthy transit before it hits the bottom of the skip.

Of course they're not. How many emigrated from Poland in 1938?

Rock, paper, scissors, heather, Zyklon.

Same here. I put an old washing machine in the back lane ,drove 5minutes to the local Asda,bought a new one ,(only the best for Wor Lass),drove back and the old was gone. Must have been 40mins max.

sent from No.1 mortar pit using batco

Not sure if it falls under the definition, but they were pretty bloody good at using their "psychic powers" to cause my mountain bike to mysteriously levitate and disappear into the night last winter.

They even managed to concentrate their powers enough to jemmy the bike lock that held it to the fence. cnuts.

You don't like them now do you? I can tell.
So that's your entry for "Understatement of the Century" award then, is it?

It's a clear winner by several country miles as far as I'm concerned.

Course they are 'Psychic'..... they usually know when they "have to travel on" after the have f**ked up someones lad with rubbish, pish, plastic bags of sh*te and Old Plod is nosing around with the local Council Planning departments geezers........

It's only when they get help from those dozy "progressive" Liberal Lefty Luffiedom types such as when the "Dale Farmers" where "Told to Travell" a few years ago.....

Are gypsies really psychic? I only ask because last week I gave up trying to fix our old washing machine after the third breakdown in as many months, and forked out for a shiny new one. This morning, after many reminders from Mrs Civvy, tired of shuffling around it to get into the kitchen, I set about disposing of the old one. Being a Yorkshireman, I drew a line at paying the local council £20 quid to collect it; and so dragged it as far as just outside the front door, with a fair hunch that someone would eventually nick it. Sunday morning, 1100, not a soul in sight. Head straight to kitchen, ready for a brew now that the kitchen door isn't blocked by junk, click the kettle on, and before the water has time to start bubbling there's a ping from the front doorbell. I glance at Mrs C, wondering if we've got some nosy neighbour out to complain that we are lowering the tone of the neighbourhood (but they really aren't like that round here). Nope, there stands a person of the travelling persuasion, pick up truck behind him, wanting to know if he can take said machine. Job jobbed. He didn't leave a waste management receipt but I'm sure he'll dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way. Or flog it to an old lady.

But I swear, no more than 90 seconds elapsed between dumping the thing outside and his appearance. So are gyppo's really psychic? Do they have a sixth sense for the impending availability of scrap metal? Or was it really someone from the NSA, watching my house round the clock from UAV's, eager to collect evidence of my highly advanced bodging skills which kept the old machine going so long???

As well as a nose for scrap metal, Pikey Pete also knows when you're both out of the house, whether you have a burglar alarm and/or a guard dog.

Do you want some lucky heather?
If it's so lucky why sell it?
Surely the more you have the luckier you will be?
So selling it will only make you less luckier surely?

And coming to a country road near you a slighly damaged washing machine.
Once stripped of anything working and then dumped.
If the council take it away it will not cost, if by a contactor it will.
Hence council taxes go up!!

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer

Not psychic but they can smell money and profit from three miles away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads