Are Glasgow Inept?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Tankie, Nov 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sure this is probably going over old ground but I am looking for some advice.

Since getting Married in July my pay has been wrong every month, and I am now owed over £1000. Not helpful in the Christmas season!!!

When I notified them that I was still being paid FIA they were very quick and efficent in stopping it and recovering the money. I only wish they were as efficent in stopping the charges that I was paying.

I am owed over £400 in rent recovery on the SSSA I was living in before moving in to a MQ. This month I have been charged Accm (S) Ciloct (S) Food Ch (MU) on top of my MQ rate and other normal married charges as well as an NTOverissue has been deducted which makes no sence what so ever.

Having been patient for 4 months, attempting to maintain some faith in the system even though pay mistakes seem to always occur on posting on end of tour, I am now incandescent with rage. The camel's back has been broken.

Other than going through the chain of command - what can be done. My bank is going to be very annoyed when direct debits can't be paid because may pay is incorrect. And I dread to think what effect that will have on my credit rating (but thats already messed up by the fact I have had to change addresses 3 times in the last two years and registered to vote in three different places. Credit companies don't like that - another story)

Attention to detail is one of the Army's favourite buzz word. Seems to have escaped Glasgow.

Any thought/advice greatly appreciated.

Yours very angry!!

2. Glasgow and Paystaff Bashing, an old sport yet one that still keeps coming back with painful regularity.

<Rant on>
    It's not just the staff at Glasgow that are incompetent but also some of the staff at admin office level.

My pay has not been correct since August and I am still waiting for a satisfactory answer about the whole affair. I was paid LOA whilst in Canada and for 3 months following my return (despite informing the admin office that I was still being paid LOA that I was not entitled to!). I was told last month that I would have the amount overpaid reclaimed from my pay in 2 payments during Dec and Jan (without even being consulted as to whether I could afford it) I queried the amount that was being reclaimed and found that I was being deducted 2 weeks LOA that I was entitiled to because I was still in Canada for some of the period being reclaimed.

I am presently using my CoC in order to force something to be done by the admin staff beyond making excuses and blaming a) the IT system, b) anyone at Glasgow, c) anyone else that it may sound plausible to shift the blame onto.

My advice would be to use your chain of command now and get as much weight behind you as possible with this so that something gets done.

These incompetent tosspots should be moved as far away from peoples pay and allowances as it is physically possible. They seem to forget that they are f*cking around with peoples families and homes and not just figures on a screen.

The money is still warming nicely in my savings account and not p*ssed up the wall just yet (good job I keep an eye on what's on my pay statements). It just annoys me that our pay can be f*cked around with so much without someone even saying sorry for all of the financial pain that they cause for people.<rant off>

3. "The money is still warming nicely in my savings account and not p*ssed up the wall just yet (good job I keep an eye on what's on my pay statements). It just annoys me that our pay can be f*cked around with so much without someone even saying sorry for all of the financial pain that they cause for people "

Shame all the interest I could be gaining on a grand is safely in Mr Brown's back pocket until they decide to give it to me - a great piece of creative accounting!!!

4. Writing in to Soldier Mag seems to help people. It's about the only effective method of putting a boot up Glasgow's arse!