• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Are dogs allowed at work?

duffdike said:
If I could wave a magic wand I would ban orificers dogs. They are a feckin nuisance. I do not see why young professional people (graduates largely) who are forced to live in sub standard squalor and pay a fortune for it, whilst being edumacated in orificership by wearing a fancy suit to eat NAAFI food every night should also have to negotiate his way past pads, vomitting children and shitting barking biting dogs. They are a H & S hazard. And a discourtesy to those who do not like them.
Where the fcuk did this come from, we are talking about dogs.

duffdike said:
Warrant Officers should definitely not have dogs. They are an orificers perk. :)
You know what I like about you DD, fcuk all.

The true answer is no, from whichever way you approach it: H&S, environmental, human rights, (worker feeling threatened, allergy, hygiene, safe working environment, and on and on).

Reality; Real officers and especially re-treads think dogs are a necessary accessory. The boss who usually has a dog is not going to enforce a wishy washy rule, therefore dogs exist in work