Are Clerk of Works jumped up Lance Jacks??

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by MadPickleFarmer, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They start their course as A2 sappers, having attempted a cadre and leave 2 years later as a SSgt?
    Is this right? I think not. Fine in a design cell drawing, writing reports and mincing to the mess at 1000 hrs for tea and toast, but on tour they control tasks which include bods.
    Zero qualifications in this department. Lack of experience and soldiering on the ground makes for poor line managers.
    Anyone have any other views? :?

2. Surely it depends on the individual?

3. Fair one. No doubt there are good ones out there, however mostly (the ones i've come across) are bell ends.

4. Do you not have to be lance jack recommended full screw?

Fcuk is this a wah?

5. Please, do not get me going on this, my VERY favourite subject!

6. having been both a lance jack and later a clerk of works in civvie life.

YES

Pompous little t w a ts

7. No doubt there are decent one's out there, but most are all Knobbers who can sh1t off.

8. Im just waiting for the bleating little fairies to come here to justify themselves, however, as part of their course includes spine removal (if one was present) that is highly unlikely.

9. in answer to the question!

F uckin right they are......

10. Don't worry there will be a gang of them somewhere, weaseling about, trying to pluck up the courage to reply with something witty, vainly trying to justify their career choice. Gimps.

11. 'kin hell fellas you must be bored, this threads never been done before has it? :roll:

12. Ah, youll be a clerk of works then, probably wrapped up nice and cosy in the dream world that is chillwell, or chatham maybe?

13. Right, I've dug in.

Is it possible they havent replied because they are all working?

Yeah. Right! :rofl:

14. They`ve probably gone to tell the boss theyre being bullied by real soldiers again, or prehaps its parents evening!

15. They'll be shuffling papers round their desk, staring at the clock ready for knock off ... cos they've got youth club tonight and they don't like the bigger boys that go.