Are all Women Hypochondriacs or is it Just My One?

My wifes a bit of the opp, If I start to sniffle, she screams at me to drink Lemon, Honey and hot water. Persoally I say it get on with it - A few good hard days work and it'll be gone. Besides, if I go to work, all the women at work feel sorry for me (After moaning "If you give me that bloody cold") and it saves me the effort of feeling sorry for myself!

I'm proper ill though, and do actually know the difference between Nurofen and and Ibuprofen. Jarrod has seen me in my full glory.

Now hush, Holby is on.
Sluggy has every affliction under the sun, her breathing was rattling more than a rattling thing when I saw her at the weekend

Feeling any better miss?

Ive had the same debate a million times. I proved to her that the same active ingredient appeared in the Sainsburys version and she tried to argue they were a different shape! Once I shot that tosh down she then insisted on changing to Nurofen Plus (same drug + codeine) for which their is no generic equivalent as yet. The fact that the codeine is overkill doesn't get through.

I won the argument over Calgon (£3.95 a pack) and Sainsburys Watersoftener powder (£1.87) but you try persuading her that Andrex doesn't wipe your arse any better than own brand bogroll and you've no chance.
Three words
Issue Toliet Paper
Your Doris has a point

My wife doesn't whinge about trivial ailments. Strange that.

Think you've all been unlucky with your 'women'. I'm quite the opposite...I didn't even know I had broken a bone in my ankle until I actually broke the same ankle again. It was spotted in the x-ray, sure explained why my foot hurt for a helluva long time after and took ages to mend. And there was I thinking I only twisted my ankle!

It's not just women who can be hypochondriacs I used to work alongside a bloke who as soon as he started a sniffle would head off to Boots to buy strepsils (he didn't even have a sore throat); specific cold & flu remedies (when paracetamol/ibuprofen would do); cough medicine bottles - one dry & one chesty (just in case his cold turned into one of the two variations of coughs); and Vicks vapor inhaler. This last item was a godsend as his sniffle did turn into a cold and the Vicks came in handy as he liked to 'sniff' all day. Whilst I bit my tongue trying not to shout "blow your fcuking nose, you're driving me insane with your sniffing".

Oddly I've sold more cold and flu remedy rubbish and pain killers to men than women over the last few weeks, and even then the girls are buying 'standard' paracetamol while the men seem to prefer the extra strong variety.
Ever considered that the blokes have been sent out by their wives who are so stricken that they can't get up from in front of the TV?

So your talking about Regular soldiers, then? Only surprising bit is that they're buying the stuff. Are the Med Centres cracking down? They'll stop issuing sun block next, then we'll have to supply our own...

My missus is fuckin nails . Had 2 bouts of Cancer and still survives so if I have an ailment I keep shtum as she has won the 1 upmanship comp as far as I'm concerned :).

I blame the parent's.My present wife was not allowed onto roller coasters/fun fairs etc as a kid.Her Mum told her it was dangerous.Ever since she has been hyper-cautious.Every drama becomes a crisis.Her sister is even worse.
Every minor diy job requires a Three Part Risk Assessment.Which usually ends up with the phrase,"We should get someone in to do that"

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
My Mrs is forever suffering with headaches, stomach cramps, high blood pressure, vomiting etc.

Poison isn't as effective as it used to be.

Try an axe.

I blame the parent's.My present wife was not allowed onto roller coasters/fun fairs etc as a kid.Her Mum told her it was dangerous.Ever since she has been hyper-cautious.Every drama becomes a crisis.Her sister is even worse.
Every minor diy job requires a Three Part Risk Assessment.Which usually ends up with the phrase,"We should get someone in to do that"
You lucky man! My wife is just now demanding I go out in the snow - to visit a wall-paper shop. THIS ROOM MUST BE FINISHED BY XMAS! We never "get someone in", we just have a series of rows and arguments as the work progresses. She says its why she married me. (She will never know how many times she came close to being thrown down the stairs - followed by the paste-bucket!).

My wife is the same.

Our two boys had a cold recently, which I then caught. No dramas, I still went to work, and didn't moan about. She then caught it and claimed she had flu on the phone to one of her friends. She moped around the house all weekend trying to look sickly. Lying on the sofa, doing the old "woe is me" routine. She got short shrift from me.

I also suffer from occasional pain in my right knee from doing the Medial ligaments a few years ago. Nothing major, just a slight stabbing pain when I put my weight on it, or have it in one position for too long (i.w.sitting). Anyway, it played up this weekend, I hadn't said anything to the wife as I didn't think it was that important. But she did see me wince as I walked up the stairs carrying one of the boys to bed. As soon as I knew she'd seen me, I knew what was coming. Sure enough, 10minutes later she pipes up with "oh my back really hurts".
Now her back may have hurt, but it's always struck me as strange that she gets an ailment/pain not long after I get something, or she finds out I've got something. Whether it's a cold or a sore knee.

And the empty packets of Paracetemol in drawers, yeah mine does that as well. Or she puts other pills in the packets for different pills. "I tidied up" she whines as I'm forearm smashing her nose all over her face.

You lucky man! My wife is just now demanding I go out in the snow - to visit a wall-paper shop. THIS ROOM MUST BE FINISHED BY XMAS! We never "get someone in", we just have a series of rows and arguments as the work progresses. She says its why she married me. (She will never know how many times she came close to being thrown down the stairs - followed by the paste-bucket!).
I had the same problem. "Must be done by Xmas" Punching her wasn't an option so I went and got all the gear and left it in the hallway the on the Saturday knowing my old man was coming round to watch the match on Sunday. First words out his mouth when he turned up were "you decorating?"

Within ten minutes he'd offered to do it for me while I was at work on the Monday. "bored out of my head now I'm retired." Job. Jobbed.

Oddly I've sold more cold and flu remedy rubbish and pain killers to men than women over the last few weeks, and even then the girls are buying 'standard' paracetamol while the men seem to prefer the extra strong variety.
Thats because the blokes shove a few pills down and get on with it, the women, meanwhile, are at home convincing themselves they have Beubonic Plague !

Oh, and fancy admitting to being a drug dealer!

Latest Threads