Are ads on ARRSE getting more and more irritating?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jun 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saint Joanna de Lumley is ranting and stamping her foot. Really don't need to have even her shouting at me. Some cow with a face covered in clingfilm is telling me how a simple trick can make me lose weight. The bigmouth bitch from WaHeyy is nagging at my peripheral vision, in both cases there is sudden movement designed to attract the eye.

In all honesty, these ads are getting so irritating that I don't like looking here as much - which could, of course, be the whole point...

Is it just me??

2. Pleb

• Like Like x 1
  3. In that case, pay to get rid of them, you tight ******!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. The Ads reflect your internet browsing habits. I am getting sick of being offered cheap, bulk purchases of gaffa tape and I've seen all the 'Donkey bumming a kid' videos on offer on the Amazon banner.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Unfortunately we have once again had to revert to slightly more irritating ads that the well controlled Google ones that are our bread and butter. We're working on it and aim to return to a balance of reasonably unintrusive ads and income.

6. I keep getting entreaties to join a website for Muslim brides.. I'm sure this bears no relation to my surfing activities.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It doesn't, but the new algorithms can read your innermost thoughts.

8. I did that. Still get them on the 'phone, though. If that's the way it's supposed to be, then I may as well just go back to an ad-blocker. :-|

9. I don't mind the ads so much, sometimes I even read them, but the ad space near the top of the page is irritating. Whenever I open a new page, the ad takes a second or so to load, dropping the page content below it when it does.

When I've loaded "Subscriptions", "Last 50", etc. and click on a thread, I often find that I go to the thread above instead as a result of the page dropping at the moment that I click the mouse button.

Any chance of putting the ad into a fixed-size box to stop it? Please.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I see no ads other than the Tribe one in the RH column. Chrome with Ad Blocker Plus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheers GCO

Its the movement that is really irritating.

12. HHH

HHH LE

I think I read on here if you email the CO's they will sort it.
    (Don't take this as fact, as i said I think)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Yup, we have a standing offer to anyone who thinks they should be able to view ARRSE ad free to just drop us an email and we'll give you a free subscription.