Are 33 EOD wannabe Ammo techs??

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by clarkster, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just wondering thats all?
  2. Perhaps you should do a little research on the division of responsibility between RE EOD(BDO) and RLC(ATO).It might save you from looking like a ignorant twat 8O
  3. Firestarter, don't let yourself get drawn in to such an obvious wind up!! :?
  4. I naively thought I was responding to a playful student of human nature who by means of an interactive modern parable challenges us in terms of aggression in response based on our background,prejudices and preconceptions,but I was wrong.
    On reflection I see now that the "CLARKSTER" is most likely to be a botty-fumbling B3 blanket-stacker whose last tour was as portaloo orderly at RA Range Benbecula where his interest in sheep would not alarm the locals :!:
  5. When I was a member of Her Majesty's Royal Engineers (with the rank & pay of a sapper), I met an RLC Ammo Tech - 19 years old he was & up for his third.
    I thought fcuk me is this a joke!
    Then 12 years later I transferred to R.E.M.E. & met all the to$$ers with pale blue hats & thought it must be a very popular joke that was spreading like a virus.................

6. wow a few bites so far!!! Jovial banter was the aim but its getting a bit personal!! :lol:
  7. Time to change your ARRSE ID Clarkster :oops: .
  8. Peace be upon you :D
  9. I personally believe that what clarkster wrote was just that, a fishing exercise, nothing else. It's a bit of banter between corps/trade, thats all. However why in gods name does an obvious wedge. who goes by the name of BLU 97, mention about being drawn into an obvios wind up, when the likelyhood is that he/she has never seen a BLU 97. Sorry to all 33, but its probably true!! :wink:
  10. How right you are, I saw the name and picture in a "Janes Big Book of Bombs and Things" and thought it looked nice, all shiny with it's own little parachute!!

You must have signed up just to post that reply.Why does it upset you so much, I wonder??

PS: A wedge in the Sapper forum? Now there's a thing!
  11. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Are Ammo techs wannabe soldiers????

Just wondering that's all...
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

33 Engr are GREAT GUYS. They do loads of dangerous "stuff" and get LOADS of medals for "things".

However, the NAVY, RLC & RAF are all qualified to do the same job but just get on with it without making a song and a dance about the whole issue. Normally in half the time too and without hoards of burly sappers with tattoos and moustaches driving green trucks with gay red wings and blue lights.

Ask the population of Sunderland about the 500 Kg german bomb that was difused the other year....................erm 3 days to dig it out, and it had a ticking fuze, ah wait, that type had an electric fuze, sounds good for the press, wonder what the ticking was? Service pipe maybe????????Anyway lets blow on the beach in silent hours and break loads of windows.

33, YOU DA MAN!
  13. General Melchett

Probably :roll:
  14. The guy who did the Sunderland bomb did spend along time working in sewage that the bomb was sitting in (after the plant op broke the pipe next to it...)

On the rest of it EOD worked as the Joint Force EOD Group (RN RAF RE RLC)in Iraq and generally it worked pretty well. A good opportunity to share expertise RAF on Air Dropped fuzes etc. ATOs were useful in sharing knowledge of principles of bulk munition disposal - very useful when you have 1000s of items of UXO and not much PE4 to deal with it.

If you want real slagging - ask about 26 Regt RA's efforts on amphibious training...
  15. General Melchett

Just pulling your leg Intrepid. We love each other really. :p and work together well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.