Arctic Smock, Mk2 Modified, 2005

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by walt_of_the_walts, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got one back of a lorry job, one of the best bits of kit i have.

2. A must for all cadets!

3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I suppose you'll be wanting the modified CS95 to go with it?

Great jackets btw, they keep you warm, they keep you cool, they hide you in the park, the have pockets to keep "stuff" in and the mesh pockets let soup out. All clever stuff really.

4. Excellent bit of kit, SASS sell them cheaper, only £5 less, but that's a pint & a bit!

5. Your boozers a rip off mate! but v.good point :p

6. What, for a pint of port!

7. haha, ill get back in my box!!

8. :D why?

9. To rummage around for a fiver and the bus fare to your local!! :)
    I love port

10. Modified CS95 what?

So, good bit of kit and worth the money then? Okay they perform well in soup conditions but what about custard? :x

PS: I'm not a cadet, I'm an adult instructor, which means of course I have no excuse for asking bone questions

11. Okay, I'll 'fess up, it's Buckfast really.

12. They're shyte. Heavy and sweaty with all the extra linings/mesh, with zips hanging off everywhere. Wired hood is pointless (unless you're scott of the antarctic) and the fleece pockets serve little purpose as they're covered by your belt kit. Original windproofs are miles better. Get a lass to sew some extra bits on if you need.

Don't waste your money.

13. I suspected as much. I handled one in a surplus shop, and wasnt sure it would be as comfortable as a windproof. Anyway, I'll be issued a Mk2 CS95 soon anyway, which in all honesty, is the only issue jacket thats ever been any good.

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I had one of the original ones back in 86ish,great bit of kit.Came down to my knees,warm as f*ck.Till some fecker knicked it!