Arctic cam nets

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ancient, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking to borrow enough arctic cam to create an artificial ceiling in our TA drill hall , ( about the size of a tennis court ) for a weddding reception to be held there in early december . It's a big , high echoey room , and the plan is to reduce the hight , soften the noise , and string some coloured lights above the cam to shine down through the net . ( How artsy is that ? ) . We are based in south wales , and if anybody can lend us some , we would be vary gratefull . Many thanks .
  2. jesus!!!!!! h and s.........nice idea....... NOT...... fire hazard YES...... CRACK ON WITH THE 1 COAT EMULTION dear chap
  3. Is that like emulsion paint only more sarcastic?
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Nope. It's G1098 issue paint that emulates DPM by stealth!
  5. try here KidsArmyShop.Com £29.99 for 10'x6'
    don't know how much you'd need to cover a tennis court but they've also got Play Sand Bags 20 for £14.99
    ok so they're not what you're after but i'm buying some for my kids anyway!:D

talking of which maybe you also buy some lego for the lad at your stand at armed forces day down the bay
    would have looked better than him sat on his arrse playing on the wii :rolleyes:
  6. I'd speak to either a marquee company or a staging company.

We use some fooking massive drapes on the backs of our biggest stages, easily tennis court size. They're probably hire-able on their own if you call and ask. You need to find somebody who does 'stage dressing' if you do.

Working in staging, I do a lot of work with acoustics and noise pollution control. I wouldn't have high hopes of a cam net making any effect on the reverb of the hall. It'd probably end up just being a PITA and half way through it'd either a) fall down on everybody, or b) get cut down by somebody so it fell down on everybody, without causing any benefit.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Arctic camnets were always only ever used for summer ball decorations and such like anyway...
  8. Don't forget that anti-thermal imaging IR sheeting stuff too!

Why you'd want to though, I don't know.