Archos Arnova 10 G2 8GB

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Tremaine, Dec 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From HMV shortly before Christmas. The Archos Arnova 10 G2 8GB Android WIFI black touch tablet. HD multimedia. Capacitive (conductor) 10" touch-screen . Not Android Market at time of posting. Easy to brick, and lightweight plastic construction delivering full high definition at 1080p. You have access to an expanding Archos Apps library and loads of widgets, including e-readers and e-books stuff.

Doesn't feel or look cheap and you get what you pay for, but this is a bargain in my mind. I love it, it's no iPad but you have that extra freedom and the Arnova does media very well. I stuck an 8GB micro SD card in it and am quite happy. I may also get the optional 3G stick which Archos are now offering.

Has USB , mini SD, a web browser, Email access with apps. one (front)camera, no HDMI and no Bluetooth. No GPS. I downloaded the Dolphin HD Browser and it rocks.

HMV Archos Arnova 10" G2 8GB Tablet Quick Review - YouTube Just for a quick overview.

AppsLib Gives you an overview of available Apps.

Specs as far as I can gather are decent: ARNOVA
    So, 1Ghz processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The 10 inch screen is very sharp and bright. Great on full HD video playback, vibrant and fluid. Sound isn't too shabby either.

This tablet I have is NOT compatible with the Android Market, and relies on its own Apps Library, no matter what anyone tells you. Oh, and don't mess with the firmware, it was never meant to run Android Market , and flashing the tablet will probably brick it. I am told that customising with third party Firmware invalidates your warranty and even official firmware upgrades might not work.

There was mention of "phone and sim cards".Can't comment but there are apparently settings for roaming and sims onboard. Dongle ready?
    Yes apparently you'll need a SIM and USB dongle adaptor.

Archos website quote
    The ARNOVA 10 G2 features a large 10-inch touchscreen. Thanks to the crisp 1024 x 600 pixel display in 16:9 ratio you can surf the web just like on a PC or watch your full HD videos the way they’re meant to be seen. The powerful 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor sits inside an extra-slim 12 mm body weighing only 540 grams meaning your ARNOVA 10 G2 is perfect to gather around on the sofa at home or slip into a carry case for when on the go".

If you're like me with a few top end gadgets, smartphone, PS3, Ipod, Laptop, then this might just do as a cheap lightweight touch tablet if you can live with its keyboard and battery life. Official and custom updates to the Firmware are available, but I won't be bricking my new toy just yet thanks very much.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1