Archos 7 home tablet

I brought an Archos 7 home tablet for the Mrs of fleabay and I can't down load app's, I think it might need updating,dose any one know how I go about this ?

no because none came with it

I got the same one for my son and found that it wouldn't download apps... I however found that depending on your wireless service it can make it tempremental, IE my sky service is shite and with the amount of wireless devices at home it wouldn't work very well, however at a mates who is using BT broadband it would work perfectly well, so a bit of perseverence unfortunately...

I need to download / update firmware but it doesn't want to do it

P

PrinceAlbert

I need to download / update firmware but it doesn't want to do it
You could try and download the new firmware to your PC, and flash it. I don't know how to do it on an Archos so read some forums, someone will have done it already.

Cheers I'll give it a go but I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it's shite

Well it IS that as well... Better off with an IPAD, I was just being a cheap tw@t when buying for my son ;) although it failed as he is back on my IPAD

T

Tremaine

Usual Christmas Tab from your local Video store was it? My sympathies and not being funny but it's shite, but it does work sometimes on wireless. Flash it and you might brick it, the Apps are Archos specific, and not common. If you do Flash it, and you brick it, you can always take it back with the receipt and claim "it won't go" like we did. If you're lucky you'll get another one, if you don't say you flashed it. After a few months the fuses will blow, it won't charge, and you're left with a nice plastic mirror or maybe a cup mat. Repair bill?...not worth it.

Plugged into the computer you can drag anything you want to the tablets sd card, depending on model the Archos could be a READER or a Hacked Reader, and not originally intended as a full tablet.

If there is no Google Play, look for it's outdated predecessor Android Market. If those are not there, then check for alternate app markets like GETJAR, APPOKE, YAAM, ANDAPPSTORE, OPERA MOBILE APPS, etc...

If it is hacked gear, the you could probably find out everything you never wanted to know at android-advice.com and androidadvices.com.

If you decide you can't get along with the crap tab, and want something decent, that isn't an arm and a leg... then get a Galaxy. Alternatively, if you have a bit of cheap bastard in you that just can't be eradicated (and I am not saying that is a bad thing), go to to A HAPPY DEAL , and get something with capacitive touch screen.

Moral of the story;

If it looks like shit, and it smells like shit, and it's priced like shit. It probably is shit.

Not posted on my ipad becuase I'm chillin' at my desk for once.

Plugged into the computer you can drag anything you want to the tablets sd card, depending on model the Archos could be a READER or a Hacked Reader, and not originally intended as a full tablet.

If there is no Google Play, look for it's outdated predecessor Android Market. If those are not there, then check for alternate app markets like GETJAR, APPOKE, YAAM, ANDAPPSTORE, OPERA MOBILE APPS, etc...

If it is hacked gear, the you could probably find out everything you never wanted to know at android-advice.com and androidadvices.com.

If you decide you can't get along with the crap tab, and want something decent, that isn't an arm and a leg... then get a Galaxy. Alternatively, if you have a bit of cheap bastard in you that just can't be eradicated (and I am not saying that is a bad thing), go to to A HAPPY DEAL , and get something with capacitive touch screen.
Much better deals on enay

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

A Happy Deal carries a guarantee. I've purchased tons of decent kit from them. I didn't even use my personal referral link for them, I simply dropped a link into their Android 4.1 Tablets selection, after I explained where he might find some support for his non-new, non-standard (implied) tablet.

The OP got his current pad with no papers from eBay, if I am not mistaken. We can see how this has worked out so far.

A Happy Deal carries a guarantee. I've purchased tons of decent kit from them. I didn't even use my personal referral link for them, I simply dropped a link into their Android 4.1 Tablets selection, after I explained where he might find some support for his non-new, non-standard (implied) tablet.

The OP got his current pad with no papers from eBay, if I am not mistaken. We can see how this has worked out so far.
Ooh you hero for not using your personal referral link and not making a few dollars out of the ops problem.

If the op purchased something off eBay without a guarantee that's his stupidity, there are plenty on there with guarantees and instructions for fairly cheap prices, with the added eBay/PayPal protection.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Again, I have no need of a Cabana boy.

Any second tier manufacturer tablet on eBay will be originally from a supplier like AHD, or drop shipped from one, and be of higher price, all costs considered.

Any first tier labelled product is going to be used, re-manned (attributed as new), new seconds, counterfeit or from buy out lots with questionable provenance. Manufacturer warranties aren't likely to be valid, and buyer protection from eBay+PayPal is a crap shoot. You will only be taken care of if it is in the monetary interest of eBay. Really, would you honestly consider an arrangement where the auction house, payment processor, and guarantor are all the same, while the proffers are the non-certified world at large?

eBay customer protection policy said:
We can help recover your money through our Buyer Protection Policy if your purchases are eligible and:

• your item doesn't reach you
  • your item is significantly different from what the seller described
Notice:

We can help...
...if your purchases are eligible...
...your item is significantly different from what the seller described

eBay doesn't even maintain the proper original descriptions of products anymore, as they have allowed control through third party and seller hosted content in the description. You will note that descriptions are often invalidated through deletion as soon as the auction has ended.

eBay's definition of eligible is also highly elastic, and can be used to deny restitution after a bad sale.

eBay states "can help" meaning, if it is in their interest. If the seller has no funds in their PayPal account that can be recovered if eBay wishes to be bothered, they will tell you that the funds can't be recovered, they will not replace your money from their pocket. Also, as their process is totally opaque, they could also use your complaint to lock the seller's account and acquire all the sellers funds, while telling you that your purchase is ineligible for protection.

As a seller and buyer on eBay with PayPal, in amounts that you are likely to never personally acquire, I have experienced all manner of nonsense contrived to relieve persons of their hard earned cash.

Again, I have no need of a Cabana boy.

Sorry, but when have I offered myself to you, you fucked up gay redneck?

Any second tier manufacturer tablet on eBay will be originally from a supplier like AHD, or drop shipped from one, and be of higher price, all costs considered.

Any first tier labelled product is going to be used, re-manned (attributed as new), new seconds, counterfeit or from buy out lots with questionable provenance. Manufacturer warranties aren't likely to be valid, and buyer protection from eBay+PayPal is a crap shoot. You will only be taken care of if it is in the monetary interest of eBay. Really, would you honestly consider an arrangement where the auction house, payment processor, and guarantor are all the same, while the proffers are the non-certified world at large?

Notice:

We can help...
...if your purchases are eligible...
...your item is significantly different from what the seller described

eBay doesn't even maintain the proper original descriptions of products anymore, as they have allowed control through third party and seller hosted content in the description. You will note that descriptions are often invalidated through deletion as soon as the auction has ended.

eBay's definition of eligible is also highly elastic, and can be used to deny restitution after a bad sale.

eBay states "can help" meaning, if it is in their interest. If the seller has no funds in their PayPal account that can be recovered if eBay wishes to be bothered, they will tell you that the funds can't be recovered, they will not replace your money from their pocket. Also, as their process is totally opaque, they could also use your complaint to lock the seller's account and acquire all the sellers funds, while telling you that your purchase is ineligible for protection.
As usual you are talking out of your arse.

Have you ever actually used ebay? It appears that you don't or at least have very little experience with it. Let me tell you this little story. About 6 months ago a friend of mine asked me to get a watch costing about $100 that he had seen on ebay as he didn't have an ebay account. I was a bit wary as the seller did not have much feedback, but I thought what the **** as it wasn't my money. So I bought it, paid through paypal and a day later the I received an email saying that the item had been despatched, so I thought nothing more of it. Anyway, about a week later I received an email from ebay stating that the seller had deleted their advert and that nothing should be purchased from them etc etc (can't remember the exact content of the email). I then received an email from paypal stating that the money I had paid to the individual had been refunded (which it had). All of this happened without my intervention or sending any emails. So, if you knew anything about paypal, you would know that when you signup to them, you give your account details to them so they can take funds from it if your credit/debit card fails to authorize or has no funds in it.

As a seller and buyer on eBay with PayPal, in amounts that you are likely to never personally acquire, I have experienced all manner of nonsense contrived to relieve persons of their hard earned cash.
Ah, assuming you are the only one who has ever done anything or is more experienced at everything, a typical yank trait. Just remeber, just because you say or think something, doesn't necessarily make it so.

You offer yourself up as a complete gash every time you wander into the vicinity. Your petty jealousies and insecurities would not allow a twit like you to behave otherwise.

Some of us are military, some of us have advanced training and degrees, some of us go on to be successful in business, government, science, etc.

Some of us manage to achieve multiple successes in multiple areas, whether through progression or multitasking.

Others may hold out a single unsuccessful, and incomplete purchase of a rather cheap watch as their achievement as well as an incredible recommendation for a flawed business model, without ever considering how many others didn't get their money back from PayPal or the seller with whom they ended up on the lucky side of.

wallet001.jpg

What's in your wallet?