Archos 7 home tablet

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by thecoops, Dec 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I brought an Archos 7 home tablet for the Mrs of fleabay and I can't down load app's, I think it might need updating,dose any one know how I go about this ?
  2. Have you read the instructions that come with it? A novel suggestion I think you'll agree.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. no because none came with it
    • Like Like x 6
  4. I got the same one for my son and found that it wouldn't download apps... I however found that depending on your wireless service it can make it tempremental, IE my sky service is shite and with the amount of wireless devices at home it wouldn't work very well, however at a mates who is using BT broadband it would work perfectly well, so a bit of perseverence unfortunately...
  5. I need to download / update firmware but it doesn't want to do it
  6. You could try and download the new firmware to your PC, and flash it. I don't know how to do it on an Archos so read some forums, someone will have done it already.
  7. Cheers I'll give it a go but I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that it's shite
  8. Well it IS that as well... Better off with an IPAD, I was just being a cheap tw@t when buying for my son ;) although it failed as he is back on my IPAD
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Usual Christmas Tab from your local Video store was it? My sympathies and not being funny but it's shite, but it does work sometimes on wireless. Flash it and you might brick it, the Apps are Archos specific, and not common. If you do Flash it, and you brick it, you can always take it back with the receipt and claim "it won't go" like we did. If you're lucky you'll get another one, if you don't say you flashed it. After a few months the fuses will blow, it won't charge, and you're left with a nice plastic mirror or maybe a cup mat. Repair bill?...not worth it.
  10. Plugged into the computer you can drag anything you want to the tablets sd card, depending on model the Archos could be a READER or a Hacked Reader, and not originally intended as a full tablet.

If there is no Google Play, look for it's outdated predecessor Android Market. If those are not there, then check for alternate app markets like GETJAR, APPOKE, YAAM, ANDAPPSTORE, OPERA MOBILE APPS, etc...

If it is hacked gear, the you could probably find out everything you never wanted to know at and

If you decide you can't get along with the crap tab, and want something decent, that isn't an arm and a leg... then get a Galaxy. Alternatively, if you have a bit of cheap bastard in you that just can't be eradicated (and I am not saying that is a bad thing), go to to A HAPPY DEAL , and get something with capacitive touch screen.
  11. Moral of the story;

If it looks like shit, and it smells like shit, and it's priced like shit. It probably is shit.

Not posted on my ipad becuase I'm chillin' at my desk for once.
  12. Except when it's overpriced, underpowered, but nicely idiot-hardened, shit... like anything from Apple.
    • Like Like x 3

13. Yeah ok, I'm not complaining.

Posted on my overpriced, underpowered, but nicely idiot-hardened, shit, from Apple.
  14. Much better deals on enay

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)