Archeology or voyeurism?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
It is also good to note that a lot of ancient stuff is just mapped and recorded and left for future generations to look at in the hope of far better scientific advancements . So not every thing that is found is dug up or destroyed .
i think its fantastic that the carbon log rolls fromPompay and Herculaneum are able to be read and translated that to me is unreal i wonder if these documents are being published at all?

I reckon Thames mudlarking on an industrial scale would yield decent results and possibly improve/update current knowledge.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It is also good to note that a lot of ancient stuff is just mapped and recorded and left for future generations to look at in the hope of far better scientific advancements . So not every thing that is found is dug up or destroyed .
i think its fantastic that the carbon log rolls fromPompay and Herculaneum are able to be read and translated that to me is unreal i wonder if these documents are being published at all?

Allegedly various sites unearthed by farmers in Orkney go unrecorded due to the farmers failing to report them as they can't do with the disruption and hassles of dealing with the authorities.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
A very good article for those interested in how excavation of graves can be tied into things like DNA studies of modern populations to disprove (or cast doubt) on previously accepted wisdom.

Latest Threads