Archbishop of York Tweets

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BanjoBill, Sep 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I hear the House of Lords is debating the military covenant tomorrow and a bishop may stand up and say something. Maybe a connection?
  2. Incredible, it takes an ex patriot Ugandan to stand up for our troops, not a word from the islamophile, bearded druid in Canterbury!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Brotherton Lad

4. York has an excellent record of saying and doing the right thing. Shame he's in the no. 2 job and Getafix is left to drift around like a fart in a trance as Chief bish.
  5. Completely agree with this. Have met AB York on a few occasions now and he's a top quality bloke in every respect. Even though he knows I'm completely atheist - the biffa blessed my daughter after she asked him about his crucifix. So at least she's sorted if I'm wrong.

Seriously though. I would like to see him as F1.
  6. As a fellow devout atheist, I would also like to see him in the top seat, but I think he's a little too outspoken, bit like Dannet they won't want him causing trouble at the top.

Is he still refusing to wear his dog collar until uncle Bob pops it?
  7. He's a top bloke. We had a freedom of the city parade through Birmingham while he was archbishop there. There was over 1,000 people in the cathedral and some cocks phone rang about three times during the archbishops sermon. He gave the impression he cut the sermon short, and said "I had better finish now, clearly God is trying to reach someone".
  8. I expect so. Bob is still holding in there like shit to a shiny blanket.
  9. Brotherton Lad

The story in the Church is that uncle Bob housed him in a kennel for a while during his arrest.

Merely a bishop in Birmingham, though.
  10. Dr Rowan Williams replies.

In a very real sense, I can share your pain, ex_colonial and i would like to apologise on your behalf to all the people that "colonials" colonised. After all, didn't this man, this Man, I should say, called 'Jesus The Revolutionary' forgive our Jewish friends by turfing them out of the Temple?

I must draw your attention to my reflections on the Festival of Eid (well known in the Christian calandar)

"To Muslim friends and fellow workers on the occasion of 'Id Al-Fitr 2011

It is a great pleasure to send once again my warm greetings to Muslim colleagues and communities on the occasion of 'Id Al-Fitr and to wish you peace and joy.2

I hope you have a lovely Eid and I hope your turds are hard, but not too hard and that your toilet (Jesus's toilet, for he is everwhere) can deal with the floaters.

Ever your's Rowan.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Brotherton Lad

We are all children of the same book, KotB.

It's just that some nutters read it differently.
  12. I'm surprised some of the usual un-washed and hard of thinking haven't been in to demand he gets sent home where he belongs.

We don't want people like him wiv his foreign thinking and un-British views, stopping an onest Englishman from gettin a job, bet he supports jumbo-jumbo land in the cricket etc etc
  13. It gets worse, when he comes up with non PC, non towing the line statements like this....

"called for a re-discovery of English pride and cultural identity, warning that zeal for multiculturalism had sometimes "seemed to imply, wrongly for me, 'let other cultures be allowed to express themselves but do not let the majority culture at all tell us its glories, its struggles, its joys, its pains'." Just as at Birmingham, Sentamu has expressed a desire to be known informally as Archbishop for York (rather than of)."

He's never going to get the top is he?
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Yeah. He is a mate of the Vicar over the river. Astonishingly he knows all the words and key changes to 'Somebody robbed the Glendale train'. If I had to put my immortal soul into another mans hands, yeah. Him. And he can laugh like a drain. Always a good sign in a man of God I find.