Arafat

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, Oct 28, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With a bit of luck both sides will take his passing as an opportunity to strike a better accord. Having said that either (or both together) are entirely capable of fukcing it up yet again.

Arafat was too old, out of touch and slow to react in the last 10 or more years and became a barrier to progress.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It really looks like he may peg it. Can’t say I’ll be sorry, and let’s face it the world would be a better place without him.

As birdie says it will give both sides an opportunity to try again, but they will probably fcuk it up. :roll:

3. I'm not aware of anyone really in a position to assume his role. My concern is that a power vacuum will encourage extremists to flex their muscle.

However, Yasser blew chunks when he fouled up the Israeli offer a few years ago that gave him the vast majority of what he and the Palestinians were after. Had he not been so stubborn he would be ending his days in the Palestinian state.

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I agree there is no obvious successor; however a power vacuum is not such a bad thing. Think how many of the nutters are going to try knocking each other off. Might clean out the tired old feckers and get some new blood with some fresh ideas in charge.

He well and truly blew it by refusing the offer of the Israelis a few years ago. It makes you think these people really don’t want this shite to end

Just noticed on Reuters that the “ex guerrilla” is slipping in and out of consciousness. Shame the twat is not screaming in pain like some of the innocents whose deaths he was responsible for.

Good riddance to him. He’s in for a fecking huge shock though when he meets beelzibub and not Allah in a short while. :?

5. Much as I won't mourn his passing, lets hope he's not replaced by an hard core fanatic who stirs it all up again.

6. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1362216.stm

7. I wonder whether Yasser's stomach pains vomiting and near death symptoms have anything to do Mossad arranging for him to have a late night delivery of a "large donner, everything on" from the kebab shop down the road and adding some special garlic sauce of their own:roll: :twisted:

8. How very strange

Sharon all of a sudden sees the light and says "We're out of Gaza" and Arafat is taken ill , so preventing him setting his gob on proceedings.

I look forward to certain Israeli Ministers asking for "Extra Chili Salad" as well :twisted:

9. Arfat?

[​IMG]

10. What good news a muslim terrorist leader (the fact he is a palestinian is a bonus) is about to croak.

I'll get the champers on ice ready to celebrate.

11. Well as long a Sharon can keep the right wing under control, it seems with arafat off to sit with virgins in paradise (sic), there might be light at the end of the tunnel after all. Perhaps they've finally realised the Israelis are there for good and no amount of little scrotes throwing stones and suicide bombers will make the Israelis give up.

12. Good riddance to the thieving old hypocrite. He'd already creamed off an estimated 500m quid from the UN and EU funds supposed to be used for the benefit of his people. His wife lives in a luxury apartment in Paris!

I could never take him seriously over the issue of Israel "stealing" Palestinian land after he and his Fatah thugs tried to overthrow Hussein of Jordan in 1970 and do exactly the same.

Still, he DID do for designer stubble and checkered tea-towels what Henry Ford managed for black automobiles. :lol:

13. PTP,

Was thinking the same thing. Co-incidence :?:

lets hope that once the once the b*st*rd dies some of the moderates can come from out of his shadow and sort out the mess that he created.

Notice that his wife has come back from her long shopping trip in Paris (3 years so far)! she must be making sure she has all the right swiss bank account numbers.

14. The problem will come when he dies and Arafat's wish is to be buried in Jerusalem.
    However, there is a solution to this problem, if the bloke was taken out by a thorough missile strike there would not be enough of him to be buried and hence solve that particular problem.
    He may indeed leave a power vacuum, but he is hardly in control of anything and has not been for years e.g. Gaza strip his power base was always more internally threatened.