Arabic News Report - Translation Wanted

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Stonker, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just found these pictures:

. . on this news site:

. . . with a write-up in arabic (which - between preview and submit - ARRSE mysteriously converts to a string of question marks, so i can't quote it) . . and not being an Arabic reader, I wondered what it said.

Any offers?
  2. it's propbaly something about us being western sinners with no respect for ourselves, im guessing
  3. It's a Club 18-30 advert.
  4. I'm not so sure: chap in the office here reads Koranic Arabic - so ha can pick up on a bit of what is in there, and he doesn't think it is intended that way.
  5. It says something about record levels of violence at Britain's New Year celebrations this year. It goes on to talk about the time it takes the emergency services to respond to calls. Then it says that the main cause of it all is alcohol. Or something along those lines. I think!
  6. msr

msr LE

have just asked a former Mil translator to help me.

Wait out.

7. msr

msr LE

the head line says 'hot new year's eve in britain'
  8. msr

msr LE

In comparison with previous years' statistics, new year's eve celebrations violent activities have reached record numbers in Britain this year. the police force, ambulances, and emergency workers, have worked on answering hundreds of phone calls asking for teams to be dispatched to deal with fights and to aid people in several areas. Officials in the emergency services say that this was mainly a result of cases of extreme and binge drinking.
  9. Thanks for that - it sounds just like the Daily Mail. :D
  10. msr

msr LE

11. Why did you not post this in the Naafi :D
  12. Because I was genuinely looking for a translation - as opposed to wanting to start a bad-taste caption competition. :D
  13. I'm more confused by this picture on that site.

What's with the dog?'