AR15s In UK

As tight as gun laws in UK appear to be on the surface, I’d be interested to know just how difficult it is to obtain the means required to own one.

The reason I ask is I regularly obtain shotgun parts from BrownellS UK. However I receive a lot of emails from them with seasonal offers etc.

The amount of aftermarket parts that they seem to have on offer for AR15s completely baffles me considering they are supposed to be nigh on impossible to own. I mean they wouldn’t be supplying them in such numbers/variety if there was no demand?
You wont be able to buy the essential parts to build an AR off Brownells unless you are an RFD , your FAC doesn't allow it either , there are a few AR15 straight pull /.223/5.56 builders in the UK as well as Schmeisser importing their own version , expect to pay from £1200.00 up to £3k , Most AR SP`s get used for CSR competitions , target shooting at ranges of up to 1000yds and even by game keepers for fox shooting.
If you want a semi auto AR you will have to have it in .22LR or .22WMR .
Guntrader is a good site to look on.

Edit the range of items you see on Brownells.co.uk is not all available in the UK even to RFD`s , they are an international company and use the same online catalogue worldwide.

You wont be able to buy the essential parts to build an AR off Brownells unless you are an RFD , your FAC doesn't allow it either , there are a few AR15 straight pull /.223/5.56 builders in the UK as well as Schmeisser importing their own version , expect to pay from £1200.00 up to £3k , Most AR SP`s get used for CSR competitions , target shooting at ranges of up to 1000yds and even by game keepers for fox shooting.
If you want a semi auto AR you will have to have it in .22LR or .22WMR .
Guntrader is a good site to look on.
Where would you recommend for a UK AR15 that isn't tat but doesn't break the bank?

Dwarf

LE
Are you only allowed to own .223 rifles?? It seems like the rifles are only listed as .223 and not 5.56....
You can have 5.56

The web page quoted is probably the result of a search where .223 has been specified in the search parameters.

Here's a result where I specified 5.56x45

Last edited:
You can have 5.56

The web page quoted is probably the result of a search where .223 has been specified in the search parameters.

Here's a result where I specified 5.56x45

Is Mil surplus legal to acquire?

Is Mil surplus legal to acquire?

If they sell it, yes.

"Ma Ba Boy"........thats Minion speak for, "my toy". It will happily spit out 5.56mm, or .223.

IMG-2915-1.jpg

Latest Threads