AR15s In UK

As tight as gun laws in UK appear to be on the surface, I’d be interested to know just how difficult it is to obtain the means required to own one.

The reason I ask is I regularly obtain shotgun parts from BrownellS UK. However I receive a lot of emails from them with seasonal offers etc.

The amount of aftermarket parts that they seem to have on offer for AR15s completely baffles me considering they are supposed to be nigh on impossible to own. I mean they wouldn’t be supplying them in such numbers/variety if there was no demand?

PM me I have a few for sale, Mr Reporter

You can use single shot AR15 platforms here. Most of the AR stuff fits the M&P 15-22 semi auto.

WALT

LE

Can't really see the point in straight pulls, but if it floats your boat, why not?

Can't really see the point in straight pulls, but if it floats your boat, why not?

With a forward assist.
Really?

As tight as gun laws in UK appear to be on the surface, I’d be interested to know just how difficult it is to obtain the means required to own one.

The reason I ask is I regularly obtain shotgun parts from BrownellS UK. However I receive a lot of emails from them with seasonal offers etc.

The amount of aftermarket parts that they seem to have on offer for AR15s completely baffles me considering they are supposed to be nigh on impossible to own. I mean they wouldn’t be supplying them in such numbers/variety if there was no demand?

Have a chat with (send a PM to) @CptDanjou he may be able to help you in a legal and practical way.

Isn't an AR15 a bit excessive for smashing clays?
If I had the chance I would like to use a 20mm GAMBO on clays so I can understand him wanting to use an AR!

Genuinely I would love a straight pull AR15 in a Classic M16a1 get up for some thing fun that eats cheaper 5.56.

Maybe have some wooden furniture if I ever take it out as a varmint rifle!

Its the closest we have and I don't really want to move to the USA?

*EDIT* Or jersey...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

I feel the same, the only AR platforms I have ever fired went dagga dagga. To buy one that has to be manually reloaded wouldn't really be the same. I feel the same way about straight-pull M1 rifles & carbines, and SLRs.

(Pisses me off, I always fancied getting an M1 carbine but thanks to that murderous cnut Ryan I'll never own a proper one.)

I do understand why shooters want AR straight pull rifles - they're very good platforms for target shooting or hunting, but they'll always be an unacceptable compromise in my eyes (nothing logical about it, just how I feel).

I feel the same, the only AR platforms I have ever fired went dagga dagga. To buy one that has to be manually reloaded wouldn't really be the same. I feel the same way about straight-pull M1 rifles & carbines, and SLRs.

(Pisses me off, I always fancied getting an M1 carbine but thanks to that murderous cnut Ryan I'll never own a proper one.)

I do understand why shooters want AR straight pull rifles - they're very good platforms for target shooting or hunting, but they'll always be an unacceptable compromise in my eyes (nothing logical about it, just how I feel).
So I thought the same thing. Then I had a go of a straight pull M14. That was very fun! I would have an L98 if I could!

Latest Threads