Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tommycooker1914, Apr 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a f**k about, supposed to have done an APWT for our bounty on Sunday Morning only to find the range warden had loaded the wrong Mega Drive cartridge for the shoot. He loaded Golden Axe when will they be told.

2. Well, at least you have another 361 days left in the year to complete it.

Or was your unit trying to fudge it for last year.... ;)
  3. our unit rocked up at the range to fire said apwt then we received a frantic phonecall from the training major that we were not to fire apwt until we had conducted the application of fire shoots, and apwt would take place at bn saam. Needless to say we still shot it. That said a month later a2's arrived and the saam was sacked. The bn then decided that we would all have to undergo conversion training, wht's and shoot apwt in one weekend. As one of the few SAA instructors in our company I was not available to attend this weekend so god knows how they managed to do it. Also the application of fire shoots were strangely dropped.
  4. Anyone tried the new format for said MATT yet?
  5. At least you had ranges bookes. The best one i've had yet is the third weekend of a range package with no ranges booked and no range team. APWT had to be fired in the DCCT, needless to say everyone passed including the mongs!!!!!!!
  6. u trying to incinute something about me and my fellow recruits sad boy

not our fault we could not get on ranges

i still not live fired and am on last weekend coming up so there a chance i wont even live fire till i get to catterickk
    and what we supposed to do when wre infantry and we got a FCUCKING bombadeer teaching us infantry skills how FCUCKED up is that

7. That is the joys of amalgamated recruit training.

Saying that though all instructors should be qualified to teach the given subject, so maybe the Bdr had passed Junior Brecon?

And using the DCCT first is a very good way of making sure that your shooting skills are up to scrach before you waste a few £100's of rounds to find you are doing the wrong thing.
  8. Is that a Reg Arty type bloke or TA type bloke ?
  9. You shouldn’t even touch a weapon until you’re on your 2 weeks recruit course so you’re not missing out on anything. Besides you have to clean the bloody thing once you’ve fired it and that’s a pain in the arrse.

Oh and learn to spell, you sound like you should be wearing a paper hat with a big yellow M on it.
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The new APWT is ok, no ressie shoot or night shoot makes it nice and simple. Main problem is that you must pass at all ranges in order to pass overall. Fail at 400m = fail APWT even if total score is enough for a pass. You then have to revise and practice application of fire at that range before you reshoot at that range only. It avoids the old "all ammo expended at 100 and 200m" merchants, but it is a bit longwinded.

Also, if you are trying to do someone a "friend in the butts" moment, the scoring is specific by practice, rather than range so get your best head for figures on.

In summary, not a problem for the blokes, but a mental beast for the RCO/console operator.

11. msr

msr LE

I thought the new MATTs APWT was a 25m grouping and zeroing shoot.

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I think it is if you are tier 3 or whatever they call it now. Tier 1 (and I think teir 2) are APWT (CI) or equivalent. I refuse to even acknowledge a shoot at 25m as being suitable for an APWT.

13. msr- It is, they are talking about the old new APWT, I think..
  14. msr

msr LE