APWT

It has, there are totally seperate shoots for the NBC phase and night shoot.

Makes it harder to pass as well as there is a new scoring system.

The old one you could shoot all the targets at the easy ranges and miss all the 300mtr ones and still pass, now you have to pass each range and position as well, so no more hording rounds for the 100mtr targets.

The last shoot is a 300mtr, 3 targets, you have IIRC up to 5 rds per target, but you must get all down, otherwise you fail.

Bad_Crow said:
And not before time!!!
Easier said than done in a TA unit that gets one, or maybe two range days a year. Difficult to maintain a standard on 200rds a year.

DCCT can help but not always available.

subrosa said:
Bad_Crow said:
And not before time!!!
Easier said than done in a TA unit that gets one, or maybe two range days a year. Difficult to maintain a standard on 200rds a year.

DCCT can help but not always available.
I'd rather no whether i was a sh1te shot or not! Especially with these tours hitting us left right and centre!

Do units actually have enough ammunition allocated now to carry out weapon trg (live firing), APWT and remedial trg??????

We never have before (Int Corps)

(Edited for speeling)

Bad_Crow said:
Ive never heard of dramas like that from an inf bn. Maybe its a corps thing
More likely that the trg wings didn't book the ranges far enough in advance and the ammo wasn't indented for. I've never had ranges binned because there physically was not any ammo available.

At my last sigs unit we had only to attempt an APWT didn't have to pass it

Geordie_Blerk said:
Bad_Crow said:
Ive never heard of dramas like that from an inf bn. Maybe its a corps thing
More likely that the trg wings didn't book the ranges far enough in advance and the ammo wasn't indented for. I've never had ranges binned because there physically was not any ammo available.
Well he did say int corps so they may have been busy losing pistols

and that was by a regular...

msr

Krettin said:
And that is why the Regs Laugh at us.

msr said:
and that was by a regular...

msr
And that's why we laugh at them.

StabTiffy2B said:
Krettin said:
And that is why the Regs Laugh at us.
Its okay. Dont be sad. Just ignore them and the laughing will stop. Or pocket a Grenade HE next time your field firing and show them what for!!!

I don't know if TA shoot is different to the Reg one, but my last (Reg) APWT (2 weeks ago) - we had to hit 5 targets at 300m and not 3. 5 exposures - 5 dead gringo's or fail.

I know corp Units have problems doing apwt .As a gpmg gunner hadnt touched rifle for a long time but found i passed the shoot
just our last shoot was at 400m 3rds at each target though i was allowed to use the bipod legs so no dramas there :) .
Apply the marksmanship principles prepare your rifle properly and turn up for every range day you get .

woody said:
I know corp Units have problems doing apwt .As a gpmg gunner hadnt touched rifle for a long time but found i passed the shoot
just our last shoot was at 400m 3rds at each target though i was allowed to use the bipod legs so no dramas there :) .
Apply the marksmanship principles prepare your rifle properly and turn up for every range day you get .
What weapon were you using for the shoot???

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
moving-target-survivor The NAAFI Bar 10
oldcolt Army Reserve 34
blackninja980 The Training Wing 15