APTC - The sad death of WO1 Reg Bray

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by YANTOFULPELT, Jan 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to let the wider APTC community know of the sad death of WO1 Reg Bray ex Reg - APTC (now NRPS). He was sadly killed on his way to work on Friday 16th January 2009 near Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales.

Our thoughts are with his family.

Reg was the Brigade Regional Training Centre QMSI for 160 (W) Bde. Reg had only been in the job for twelve months and had been a major influence with the new training regimes in 160 Bde RTC based in Cardiff.

A very sad loss. No details about a funeral or if the family wish to have a wider community attendance.

The Pelt
  2. I was waiting for this to appear on Arrse, but didn't want to make the first post as I didn't know all the facts.

An awesome PTI, and a top bloke. I won't pretend that I knew him, but what little contact I had with him left a lasting impression upon myself and many of my muckers.

A sad loss.

3. Heard late on Sun night from a mate on Facebook messenger and got confirmation yesterday, gutted.
    Reg was one the nice guys, known him for 16 years since we first attended APTC selection n 1993. Reg had a great way of doing things, mild mannered but still determined and enthusiatic.

My heartfelt condoloences go out to his family.

Will endeavor to get to the funeral.
  4. I sought advice before posting, he will be sadly missed. Many times we are quoted as being small cogs in a big machine but Reg really was a very big cog in the Bde Machine.
  5. A service for WO1 Darren (Reg) Bray will be held at Brecon Cathedral commencing 1100hrs on Friday 30 Jan 09. All seated by 1055hrs.

Reg will then be taken to a private family cremation near his home.
  6. Hi New here, I have been speaking to Reg's wife and daughter as I met up with Reg again about 5 months ago after 13 years. He was my PT Sgt with the Gurkhas Church Crookham. I taught him to ride a motorctycle in 1996. A mutual respect.

His wife and daughter have read the posts here and both acknowledge the wider friendship Reg had and thank all for their kind wishes.

Crimbo REME