Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by EX_STAB, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two quick questions:

1) Is the PRI shop still open? I can never get a reply on the phone and wondered if the number has changed from the one on the PRI shop website

2) Will they sell me a pair of running shoes considering I'm not currently serving and was Inf. rather than APTC? I don't see why they wouldn't as any profit goes to benefit the Corps I presume. Would help to know though!

I'm ex TA as the name suggests and am doing fitness training with a view to getting back in.

Ex STAB
  2. Anybody?
  3. Exactly!
  4. See above edit
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If you have not tried the APTC endorsed running shoes I would be wary of buying them blind. A trip to a proper running shop (not JJB sports or similar chav emporium) to be fitted properly is definately the way ahead, particularly if you are of our age/build (ahem!).

I run in Asics because they work well for me. I have tried more expensive Nike/Reebok running shoes in the past, and never got on with them.

Edited to add - Sorry, on rereading it is not just the PT-03s you are after I believe. Still advise a decent fitting and advice though.
  6. That's the big issue Duke. I don't know what to buy and the shops round here are all chav emporiums as you describe. For £40, a pair from the APTC PRI that turn out to be less than brilliant are a better bet than the same thing for twice the price direct from UK Gear.
    I wouldn't know where to start looking for somewhere within 40 miles that could do me a proper shoe fitting.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Try "Runners World" or similar magazines in WHS.

A good shop will check your old shoes for wear patterns, analyse your gait etc and suggest shoes that will support your running style and weight.

If you cannot get that, then definately go for the £40 PRI option. It will hurt less financially if you do not get on with them. I laboured on with a pair of Nikes for far too long because I did not want to waste the £Lots I had spent on them!
  8. I'm with the Duke on the Asics front.I first discovered them about 10 years ago and find the Gel system to be good.Also if you go to jjb you will find them from £25 upwards.Once you have started running frequently again then going to a 'proper' shop might be an investment
  9. That's settled then!

Thanks for the advice. I'll try another PRI.
  10. Thanks Stroker. I'll try an email. No answer on the phone.
  11. Right, the APTC PRI shop have just phoned and my size 11 PT03s will be in the post today. £43 delivered. Hurrah!

She now has good stock of most sizes and can order additional stock on a next day basis so even then you should only be looking at a 48 hour turn around on orders. I've said there are lots of people wanting them so get on the phone!

01252 355347

Link here:
  12. Call PT School PRI between 1000-1200 week days, failing that pay a visit.