Apsley House on fire

Calling someone a moron instead of arguing the point is an ad hom.

I wasn't aiming my post at one particular member, it was a general point.

It has the potential to be a decent thread and one I'd like to read, but if you want it holed it'll certainly make my job easier.
I called him a moron, AND proved my argument.
He is proving it true, every time he posts.
He also lies.
And he smells like a dirty sock.

Schmoe

War Hero
Back to the thread.
I’m glad the fire was so small, when I was a cab driver, I must have driven past it hundreds of times, and always enjoyed talking about it to tourists if they were interested.
We’ve lost too many wonderful old buildings to fire, and didn’t want to see this one go the same way.
Hopefully they will ascertain the cause, and act accordingly.

exiledblue

War Hero
Back to the thread.
I’m glad the fire was so small, when I was a cab driver, I must have driven past it hundreds of times, and always enjoyed talking about it to tourists if they were interested.
We’ve lost too many wonderful old buildings to fire, and didn’t want to see this one go the same way.

Wa there a fire?

It is always a shame for our histiric building to set on fire

Schmoe

War Hero
Wa there a fire?

It is always a shame for our histiric building to set on fire
Yes, a small one on the roof. Don’t know how to link to reddit, which has a photo of the appliance on site.
Looks like they got to it really quickly and snuffed it before it took hold.

I do wonder if it’s linked with the living quarters, as I believe that it still has occasional residents.

exiledblue

War Hero
Yes, a small one on the roof. Don’t know how to link to reddit, which has a photo of the appliance on site.
Looks like they got to it really quickly and snuffed it before it took hold.

I do wonder if it’s linked with the living quarters, as I believe that it still has occasional residents.
Glad to know not bad - stuff happens fires occur.

My parents farm was built in 1600's 4ft walls hard to burn down lol

Or the Duke of York's PR team?
Have they
Back to the thread.
Half these fires turn out to be the result of “refurbishment”. The place isn’t being rewired is it?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
No the DoY reputedly kept his men, all 10,000 of 'em, doing the "fan dance". or whatever it was called in those days!
15th Light Dragoons were a few hundred of his men. Just saying.

While the 19th saved Wellesley's young árse at Assaye. Easy to confuse the two dukes.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
1793, shirley?
/drift

Nothing else heard about this fire, so a non-event?
Correct mea culpa. Sorry before my time in either case.

Latest Threads