April Fools Day

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by unemployable, Apr 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heard on Absolute Radio this morning that the government was adding a 2p tax on all texts in future.
    Then realised that today was the 1st April!
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's nothing - I completely forgot about the significance of April 1st until I saw a picture of Broon and Obama outside No. 10 . . .
  3. Radio WM have been banging on all week about the GoogleEarth satellite flying over Birmingham at 08:57 today.

Loads of Brummies ringing in with elaborate plans to make sure that they're seen in the resultant images:

Standing on the top of a city-centre high-rise surrounded by a eighty-odd traffic-cones that they'd dragged up there two at a time.

Getting all their friends together wearing white and lying down in a park spelling out "Hello". (Many similar with variations on words and attire.)

Cutting various expletives into fields with mowers.

Etc etc etc.

My gaffer comes into work this morning urging everyone to rush outside to wave at the sky.
    "What's the fcukin' date, you dick?"
    "No, no, no. It's been on the radio all week."
    I gave up trying to argue and joined the throng.

If it's not an April Fool, then I'm the one at the back of the group, tab in gob and flicking the V's at you all.
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Can I be the first to say "You fcuking dick!!!!!" :D
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

This morning when I left for work I turned to the memsahib and said... "I love you babes".

She never sussed.
  6. Sadly no fool but the cnuts put 2p on petrol from 0001 hrs this am.