April 23rd

a quick reminder , stock up your English beers and English food as April 23rd is St Georges day.

................and English wine for the laydeeees 8)

I hope you aren't going to be celebrating what is clearly an offensively nationalistic, probably racist and sexist and certainly divisive occasion. Very Un-New Britain of you.

I'll raise a pint of Landlord (but only behind closed curtains, in the privacy of my back room).

I'm hoping that the 'English' pub out here that went all orange, green & white on March 17th will remember to go red & white on 23rd April... If not, I may have to boycott it & I'm not sure it can survive without my vodka money! :lol:

Ranger_Danger said:
semper said:
a quick reminder , stock up your English beers and English food as April 23rd is St Georges day.

A quick reminder - IGNORE April 23rd if you are not "English"
Ranger that's a bit mean - the English have always been a tolerant race - if any foreigner wants to buy me a drink to celebrate I won't say no :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrumpyOG said:
Don't forget that it is also Shakespeares' birthday (also the date of his death) :wink:
Ah! That may explain why Ken has set up celebrations at The Globe 8)

Poppy said:
Ranger_Danger said:
semper said:

A quick reminder - IGNORE April 23rd if you are not "English"
Ranger that's a bit mean - the English have always been a tolerant race - if any foreigner wants to buy me a drink to celebrate I won't say no :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/qu

Soz Poppy - an Irish trait is having a dig at "The English" Will buy you a drink when in London.

Whiskybreath said:
I hope you aren't going to be celebrating what is clearly an offensively nationalistic, probably racist and sexist and certainly divisive occasion. Very Un-New Britain of you.

I'll raise a pint of Landlord (but only behind closed curtains, in the privacy of my back room).
i have every intention of being offensive to leftie , student types :lol:

semper said:

Oh Yeh! Keep St George in my Heart. I'am going to get steaming, And no i don't drink on St patrick's day, As i'am not Irish, Iam English and proud, It will be funny to see how many red roses are worn that day!

B

benjaminw1

gizmodnd said:
semper said:

Oh Yeh! Keep St George in my Heart. I'am going to get steaming, And no i don't drink on St patrick's day, As i'am not Irish, Iam English and proud, It will be funny to see how many red roses are worn that day!
Er, white ones lad. :wink:

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall,
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Shakespeare also wrote this about the Scots:

Pikey bunch of moaning tossers, punchy when drunk and stink of pish.

About the Welsh

Good lads with a bow but sound thick

And the Irish

Great songs and funny blokes, Guiness gives my the shi-ts mind.

He said this of the Fledgling American Colonies:

"Tis true that the Colonies of America have great store,
In all the teeming world, that land hath an overflowing of all,
It's plains are great and skies oer-arch the heavens,
Fruited vines and game stock withall and there is bounty.
The Yanks are right cnuts mind."

Latest Threads