Apprentice Ben and RMAS

I wonder how long he'd last at RMAS saying "I was on 'The Apprentice', ye know"!

gallowglass said:
The AGC? - well, that the RLC's noses put out of joint then... :wink:
I thought somebody said he was to go to the Irish Guards, or did he fcuk them off? :wink:

gallowglass said:
Queensman said:
What is AOSB? Is it what we used to call RCB?
Yes, that's it - I think it changed from RCB to AOSB in '05-'06.

Of course, in my day, all it took was a letter to Uncle Bingo at Horse Guards...
Quite so, quite so.

Is it still held at Westbury and are the young gentlemen still required to jump through a window? What fun!

Queensman,

It is still held at Westbury, whether all those who attend are gentlemen is debatable and you'll be outraged to know that the Window has been banned due to someone breaking their neck. You could say that the selection board have lost their moral courage in letting people display their physical courage! but I digress.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Animus said:
Queensman,

It is still held at Westbury, whether all those who attend are gentlemen is debatable and you'll be outraged to know that the Window has been banned due to someone breaking their neck. You could say that the selection board have lost their moral courage in letting people display their physical courage! but I digress.
...and some of the Gentlemen (or not) are ladies (or not).

BuggerAll said:
Animus said:
Queensman,

breaking their neck???

wasn't it only about 2 foot off the ground, it must have been a very "special" candidate that managed that trick.

gallowglass said:
Cuddles said:
gallowglass said:
This prize idiot should do both himself and the Army an enormous favour and not go to the RMAS. He may have bluffed his way through AOSB, but short of a complete personality and attitude change, he won't last. He will be expected to conduct himself as a gentleman, which he singularly failed to do on the rubbish-fest that is The Apprentice. If he goes forward, and if he is commissioned, and behaves in the same manner, he will be regarded with contempt by his men and shunned by his fellow officers.

Stick to stockbrokerage Mr. Clarke - you have the requisite boorish behaviour, wide-boy attire and loutish appearance and manner.
Come, come. You are denying the AGC a perfectly reasonable officer candidate with that attitude!

(note: substitute regiment to reflect your own individual prejudices...)
The AGC? - well, that the RLC's noses put out of joint then... :wink:
Please :roll: We had quite enough after seeing the "biftress" on G&R get knocked back by every cap badge in the Imperial Army before finally being granted grudging acceptance in my glorious Corps in order to run the riding club.

Ritchie-Hook said:
BuggerAll said:
Animus said:
Queensman,

breaking their neck???

wasn't it only about 2 foot off the ground, it must have been a very "special" candidate that managed that trick.
Dear God, the oscar performances at the window were amazing, Don't worry about me sir I can do it (Good-Good), it's only a dribble of blood sir etc. As to the concerned DS with their cries of Yellow 23 if the log comes loose do get out of the way. Those were the days. :D

Mongo

LE
Kit Reviewer
Animus said:
Queensman,

I heard that it was canned because a lot of people broke collar bones going through it..