Appointment needed to attend ACIO?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by redout, Jun 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Do I need to make an appointment before attending an ACIO or can I just walk in off the street ?

Was looking to pop into the office in Portadown tomorrow if possible.

Also do I need to bring anything with me ?

2. Best bet is just give them a call to make sure they are open, but popping in is no problem, nothing required for initial visit.
  3. Agreed just give them a call first, all AFCO's/ACIOs on the mainland are open to nip in for a chat without appointment but due to the location of Portadown its worth checking first.
  4. Thats sound. I have been doing a bit of reading on here and watching some videos off the army website. Seems as though they actually treat the chat in the ACIO as your first interview so to speak without actually informing you. Should I actually prepare somewhat before I go i.e. study all the possible jobs and have an idea of what I would like to do, basically try learn whatever there is off the army website under joining up and have answers for questions like 'Why do you want to join the army' etc? Dont want to walk in there totally clueless and having to be spoon fed. First impressions and all that.
  5. Have a look at the Recruiters Advice Sticky in the Joining up Regular forumn...lots of advice on the ICV
  6. The only office in NI that requires prior booking is AFCO Belfast due to other departments within the wire, however Enniskillen, Portadown and Coleraine are pop in offices, in fact my office in the SE has more security than the NI ones........crazy but true.
  7. No wonder I wouldnt trust the thieving Cockney's
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It's mad, but the CIO here in Norwich installed bulletproof glass and extra security doors a couple of years ago, despite not having had any security measures at all for a very long time.
  9. Cheers - will do.

You sure about this - driving up from Dublin so dont want a wasted trip.

Sure I'll call them first just to be on the safe side.

10. HHH

HHH LE

11. Yes, I'm sure I was the office manager of Enniskillen then Portadown and policy was the same, just be prepared to turn your watch back 30 odd years when travelling through some of the more, how do we say it.......colourful banner/flag strewn areas thats both sides, the lads who came up from Dublin, Cork, Skibereen, Killkenny etc found it most humerous and having just spent a week in Cork I can now see why
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Appreciate it - thanks.
  13. I didn't need to book an appointment at my ACIO but I guess it differs from office to office.
  14. HHH

HHH LE

Slightly different in Northern Ireland, due to security reasons.
  15. Nope HHH, see above posts.