Applying to Join Infantry in 30's with baggage.

Watched, The Para's Men of War on ITV last night. Noticed a lad called Alex Parry, 31, from Bristol.

Searched online and found out he passed P Company. fair play to him.
Gives me that bit more motivation.

Attachments

May be so, in normal circumstances, for many jobs, but for an application to the armed forces it will have to be declared and will show on the DBS and SC check. Failure to do so is an offence in itself.

POLICY FOR THE RECRUITMENT AND ENLISTMENT / COMMISSIONING OF PERSONNEL WITH CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
That doesnt mean that it isnt "spent" for the purposes of the act.

In this case an unspent conviction would be an outright bar to application. This conviction is spent so he is not barred from application but he must declare the conviction if the post is subject to enhanced disclosure. Regardless the conviction is still spent.

You clearly only have a very limited understanding of disclosure and barring. So maybe keep your advice to yourself.

That doesnt mean that it isnt "spent" for the purposes of the act.

In this case an unspent conviction would be an outright bar to application. This conviction is spent so he is not barred from application but he must declare the conviction if the post is subject to enhanced disclosure. Regardless the conviction is still spent.

You clearly only have a very limited understanding of disclosure and barring. So maybe keep your advice to yourself.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not saying it isn't spent for the purposes of the act, just that he will need to declare it for any job that will require an enhanced DBS check, or SC/CT check, which in this case will include an application to HM forces. Perhaps I didn't express myself very well.

It won't necessarily bar him from entry, even if it is "unspent" as the policy I attached makes clear.

I have a very clear and detailed understanding of Disclosure and Barring - I have been involved in one form or other with screening and employing both military and healthcare personnel for a number of years, and I currently have executive responsibility in my organisation for decision making around suitability for employment of those applicants with a "positive disclosure".

So maybe you should be less angry.

Latest Threads