Applying for ODP

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by glasgeek, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there all,

I am interested in joining the army as an ODP. But I have a few questions that I would like to ask some help with.

I have checked the army website and have a few questions about qualifications. What are the requirements with respect to Scottish highers?

The site mentions a foundation route. What does this entail?

I only hope that it is true that there is no such thing as a daft question, but I do expect a fair amount of banter and mick taking.

Thanks all
  2. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

For starters you'll need an ability to shoe gaze, bitch like ten men, whine that nobody gives you any opportunities to progress and when they do, whine that you can't change your off duty to do it and insist that everybody changes their commitments to suit yours, whine about QAs constantly and with what can only be construed as cupboard love or morbid and terminal jealousy, whine about officers in general and whine about anything else that comes within ten metres of your grid square that isn't an ODP.

That should do to begin with!
  3. Thanks for that man, at lest i now know what sort of banter, and working environment I will have.
  4. ODP is no longer direct entry. Yet again the army jobs website is wrong. You have to go to the RAMC as a medic then transfer over. (as of about 9 months ago, it may have changed since then).
  5. Hmm I may be in man-love. Can't improve on that, fantastic :-D
  6. Really ? The one that started training this sept was a direct entry IIRC
  7. Where on earth are you getting your information from Fake_Welshman? Needless to say and concurring with c0kecan, your WRONG... I see you posted asking transfer questions yourself in December 2007, your obviously a font of all knowledge now or NOT quite obviously!

glasgeek check your PM.
  8. Unfortunately I got my information directly from my local army careers office.

Due to personal circumstances I felt I could not apply in 2007, but times change and I decided to apply in jan/feb. This was when I was told that the ODP was no longer direct entry. This is why I am currently applying through UCAS at the moment, having narrowly missed the deadline for last last years uni entry. Thank you for informing me that I've just effectively wasted the last year of my life (career wise) due to fat, useless careers sgt who seems not to know what he's talking about.

Thank you for telling me otherwise.
    Pissed off as **** at the army careers now.

9. F_W check PM
  10. just wrote you one too.
  11. I'm thinkin about transfering to be an ODP I am a Section Commander in SCOTS and decided i need a good trade for when i get out im only 24 so i have time on my side. Whats promotion like and more importantly do you s work hard? lol
  12. As I understand it, you'll revert to LCpl with no guarentee of your Corporal as you'll be in the great mixing bowl with every other ODP LCpl for merit based promotion.

If you do get to interview I'd avoid saying 'i need a good trade for when i get out' as a reason for applying!
  13. Too Late already seen........... it would matter if I had any influence.
  14. If only they knew 0B1...
  15. Interviews April 2010