Applied about 20 months ago can i still join?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AndyPT, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I applied about 20 months ago for the army got fit and was at the recruitment stage where they were going to allocate me a date for my selection then got thrown out of home and was forced to get a job and my own place to live.Ive just moved into my grandparents and they have said they will fully support me in whatever I want to do I think I can be up to the standard of fitness in about 1 - 2 months again. With all the recent budget cuts etc. will i still stand a chance of getting in or will they tell me to get lost ? I will be ringing the recruitment office on Monday i wouldn't mind knowing what to expect.

Thanks, Andy.

PS. im wanting to join The Rifles.
  2. I'd imagine the Rifles will still take you on. Just tell them the truth and impress upon them that you wish to join and make a go of it. Be ready for a bit of mucking about, but don't worry if it happens. Hurry up and wait is part of the game.

What have you got to lose by asking? The worst they can say is no.
  3. Your old records will be there, its a lot harder to get in now and you will have to start everything in from a fresh as BARB tests/medicaks only last a year. Impress on what youve done over the last two years and prove to them how you have matured............theres lots of good tips in our Recruiter threads so have a look and put 100% in