Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by LucyLucyLooooo, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, I applied online for the TA, and about a week later I received an e-mail saying they would be in contact by phone to arrange my initial interview, but I've heard nothing since. Anyone got an idea of how long it takes for them to contact you after applying?
  2. Give them a call.

Your location will have a bearing on the speed with which your application is processed, I think...
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Depends upon which army you contacted. Turk Kara Kuvvetleri tend to come back to you within the week. The Channel Islands do not really have an army. The French do. Go with God son. French Foreign Legion - Recruiting

The British Army will take as long as it takes.

One suspects it may take less time if you find a soldier. Walk up to him / her / it and say "I would like to join the army".

Then your application will be dealt with by a human (prepare for questions) rather than binned by some Muppet manning a grey PC in a northern town.

And get a haircut.
  4. It will take forever. Ive waited about 15 months so far and as of yesterday, my medical forms have been sent and should be sorted in the next week.

I don't think there really is any TA recruitment. It's a hoax.
  5. Are there any TA units near to where you live? Perhaps it might be an idea to drop in for a chat..
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

The TA online application system is sponsored by Camelot, the same firm who run the lottery.

Your application will have been attached to a random number between 1 and 49. These numbers are then jumbled automatically and 6 picked by a random selction method. These 6 numbers will then be automatically distributed to a TA recruitment inbox of a unit which has again been selected entirely at random and almost certainly has no relationship to your area or preferred trade. There is also the "Bonus Ball" which is randomly chosen to be sent to the TA unit the potential recruit is actually interested in. The remaining 42 applications are dumped into an electronic quagmire never to be seen again.

Find the address of the nearest unit that interests you, and call them to confirm a time to go in and speak to their recruiting staff or PSAO. That is the only way of making sure that they know you are interested.
  7. I submitted an online application four the TA the week before last. After a week i had a phone call to confirm interest, then went to the careers office for a chat/interview on Wednesday just gone.
    I now have the BARB and basic skills tests booked for Sunday.

I don't think the online application form speeds things up at all.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dunno about online. But in my town last weekend there were two big ****-off AV units with some sort of 'Live Reserves' thing going on, a couple of Landy's and a whole bunch of MP and REME types (the REME's had some proper interesting looking kit) and they were talking to people. Old style analogue. And some people went to talk to a big chap with a red face. And it looked like they were making progress.

Go online or talk to some people who are actually doing it and are there to help? Tough one.
  9. It's been over two weeks since I put in my application and no phone call as of yet :/ I'll give the TA centre a ring on Monday, see what the craic is and try and get calling down. Thanks for all the advice!
  10. You will have to wait till they have cleared the back log of applicants................waaahhhh.