Application to basic

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SCOUSASOILDA, Jul 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys n gals,

was just wondering how long it normally takes from handing your application in to being assigned a place at basic tranning

i handed my app in about 4 weeks ago

got my barb done a week later

but im no0w waiting for my crb back from the police which i had to pay for was just wondering once i get this in to my carrers office,how long ill be waiting for my adsc selection , then on to basic
    Locked - SEARCH function use it.

2. Depends what grade you get at ADSC , & what role you are going in for .

But upto a year I'd say it can take.

Personally I have been in the process of getting back in for over a year now & so have the other guys on here.

3. any fitness tips for the adsc m8 anythink will be appreciated

4. Run outside As much as you can , Also try running with load carrying i.e a bag pack with around 10lb of weight.Get your mile & half down to low as you can but don't stop when your being tested by the army as they fail you for stopping the mile & a half , So even if your plodding along just keep going !

I suggest getting yourself (if you don't have this already) A pair of good running shoes , If you wear pub trainers on a mile and a half your feet are just going to slap of the hard ground!

Do Heaves e.g Pull ups too as often as you can , as you get tested on them at ADSC ,

Also try practicing doing ice breakers , Such as getting your story right so it will last 2 mins .

Do it infront of a friend the more the better So your not nervous when it comes to it . Seen many crumble on the ice breaker.

Again Command tasks is all about voicing your idea and making it loud & clear .

Best of luck.

5. Applied in April, and passed ADSC 3 weeks ago, i also had to put this back a month due to work, but im waiting on a date now, personally i was expecting a longer wait between applying and this stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.