Application time

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by WicKeD, Jun 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question if anyone would care to answer.
    I sent my forms in a couple of weeks ago and was just wondering how long it takes (roughly) to get in and start training.
    I'm in N.Ireland if that helps any.
  2. It took me about two months
  3. joined, left, and joined up again. Both times took six months coz my mother is from the Irish Republic.
  4. Took me about a year, but that was fair enough, i was born in the Rep.
  5. About three months, and patiently waiting.
  6. Took me just over a week - came as a bit of a surprise that one.
  7. Doesn’t matter how long it takes, be it a week, a month or a year. If you can get in it’s worth the wait, my only regret is that I didn’t do it when I was younger.
  8. Well, I applied for the info pack/DVD which arrived in a couple of days along with a letter stating that my local unit would soon be in touch. That was over 2 weeks ago and still not received anything.. I live near Ilkeston so I guess either the 46th signals (Derby) or 87th signals (Notts) would qualify as being 'local'....
  9. Why not phone them or visit them tonight?

38 Signal Regiment Contact details
  10. I wouldn't hold your breathe on getting contacted that soon... by the time someone actually gets to print off what's on ARRCADE (computer system that may or may not be a) misspelt and b) out of date now) and then ring the enquiries it's usual that months have gone by. Be 'pro-active'... it shows you have common sense, and that you want to join.
  11. Rather than wait for them to contact me I took the initiative to go down and visit my local unit last night, had a chat with the recruiting sergeant and now have loads of forms to fill out!