Application time

Just a quick question if anyone would care to answer.
I sent my forms in a couple of weeks ago and was just wondering how long it takes (roughly) to get in and start training.
I'm in N.Ireland if that helps any.
Cheers

G

Goku

Doesn’t matter how long it takes, be it a week, a month or a year. If you can get in it’s worth the wait, my only regret is that I didn’t do it when I was younger.

Well, I applied for the info pack/DVD which arrived in a couple of days along with a letter stating that my local unit would soon be in touch. That was over 2 weeks ago and still not received anything.. I live near Ilkeston so I guess either the 46th signals (Derby) or 87th signals (Notts) would qualify as being 'local'....

I wouldn't hold your breathe on getting contacted that soon... by the time someone actually gets to print off what's on ARRCADE (computer system that may or may not be a) misspelt and b) out of date now) and then ring the enquiries it's usual that months have gone by. Be 'pro-active'... it shows you have common sense, and that you want to join.

Rather than wait for them to contact me I took the initiative to go down and visit my local unit last night, had a chat with the recruiting sergeant and now have loads of forms to fill out!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The NAAFI Bar 1
PhaseSpace Officers 49
K Army Reserve 4