• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Application process, Drug checking?

As far as iv been told by my recruiter etc, the tests and samples done at adsc are for other purposes. meh not for me to worry bout. never touched drugs besides paracetamol and stuff the docs have prescribed

you get a few piss tests at ADSC.

Ive heard they're just for medical purposes rather than drugs testing, but it's best to just stop now if you're serious about joining.

I think the piss tests are to check for stuff like diabetes, urinary problems etc. tho i aint a medic so someone like Phantom would be better to advise or fivetodo. Joining or not.....stopping is always best imo

Yeah apparently the piss test at ADSC has no relevance to drug screening, and no tests at ADSC are for drug screening, but you best stop now, besides you can't be that fit for the army if your smoking that shite all the time? You get 2 or more drug tests in basic, one on your first week medical, get a few blood tests, then one on the first day back from your long weekend leave, and then random ones after that.

Goatracks89 said:
If I apply, will they do a drug screening?
I hope so!

Might I suggest you come off the gear long before you swear your oath and put it down to that phase in your life where you were a d1ckhead who associated with drug dealers.

when i went adsc there was a lad kicked out becuz he was caught with weed in his system so id advice you 2 stop and drink lots of cranberry juice lol :D

The reason so many get addicted to smack in jail is because it passe's through your system quickly thus avoiding drug testing so you could take up mainlining scag instead of having a cheeky puff now and then

pvtsizzle said:
when i went adsc there was a lad kicked out becuz he was caught with weed in his system so id advice you 2 stop and drink lots of cranberry juice lol :D
Absolute shite, ADSC does not conduct drugs testing.

:)

When i was at ADSC there was a lad who was cacking it because he said he'd been taking coke 2 days before and he passed so im no expert but i presume they don't look for drugs otherwise they would have found it in his sample?!?.

You do not belong to the Army and as such are not liable for compulsary drugs testing, you cannot be binned from something of which you are not a part of.

Furthermore the cost to the Army to test every single applicant that went through the various ADSC's we have would be astronomical, not to mention illegal given that you are not informed of any drugs testing in operation ;)

Lastly it takes the CDT team, on average 2 weeks to generate the results and findings to the Regiments, they are hardly going to speed the test up for people who just applying for a training intake.

They will however conduct CDT at Phase 1 training in a lot of cases, and if you are found positive then kiss goodbye, you wont be re-enlisting either ;)

Latest Threads