application form

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kingcal91, May 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was having a look through the application form that my freind has to hand in when he goes to his BARB and where it ask's stuff about DofE and flying Gliding scholarhips and whether you have been in a cadet organisation. Will any of this accctually make a difference? and if so how? because i have bben in the ATC for nearly 5 years and i have completed a Solo gliding scholarship and have Bronze Dof E and currently doing silver, i also have about 3 hours powered flying hours
  2. Of course it makes a difference. Why would you not fill it in, lazy?
  3. If you've got it, put it down...

They won't give you preferential treatment or a fast track through the process because of it, they'll just be able to see a bit about your background from it. It may be something for them to ask you about in future interviews etc.

It's on there for a reason though so don't just miss it out.

4. no no, i was just wondering how it would acctually make a difference, like would it help for promotions etc
  5. No.

Unless from your experiences you've gained some of the characteristics, abilities and requisite experience which will enable you to get the required ticks in boxes for promotion... :wink:

6. Does it still ask if you have been inolved in terrorist groups if so say yes it gives you a fast track to dems instructor for the sas