Application for TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by spitfirekaytee, Apr 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I put my application in just before december had my final interview before selection in Jan. Well after that ive heard excuse after excuse....seriously been ridiculous thisnew recruiting system seems alright can anyone tell me once ive passed selection will it all go quickly or am i up for another 4 month wait -.-
  2. So have you done the selection then? What's the excuses actually trying to excuse?
  3. We are hoping in the recruiting world that the new process will be better than the old process.
  4. Nope not done selection still waiting absoloute pee take.....there excuse was..."your documents not been sent to us theyve been sent to middlesbrough" bit stupid rang them up they had no idea what was going on

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  5. Nope have i hell...there excuses were "your documents have been sent here there and everywhere" rang them every week no wonder they were ratty....but she had NO idea where my application was -.- so im hoping selection is soon!!!
  6. You have to have a lot of patience with this new system, they're only just getting up to full operating capability and there's bound to be problems. As long as there's no massive, massive rush then take it easy. Focus on getting fit, getting to know the lads in your troop/squadron (whatever you call it in your arm) and getting your weekends clear if you have any foresight on phase 1 courses. There's not much you can really do to rush Capita, and your unit will take care of you properly when they can (I hope).

Good luck!
  7. This wasn't a signals unit by any chance was it ?
  8. Thanks grey my fitness is alright :) and patience with the recruiter was running thin capita are friendly to talk to so i dont mind talking to them makes a patience okay and thanks for good luck :)...and no its an infantry reg lol
  9. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Was it a recruiter you were talking to or a member of the TA unit you are joining? Capita will not have full operating capability until July 13, at the moment they have only take initial operating capability.

If it has taken you a 'whole' 4 months to be at the selection stage then patience obviously isn't one of your virtues. The new process says 4-6 months and that is if there are no hold up's anywhere in the process and there are vacancies at selection and training.

Listen to the advice already posted and don't try to rush things. Being keen is good but being 'over' keen can just get people backs up when they are trying to get you through the system as fast as they can. You will ot be the only person they have to deal with.
  10. Capita said they emailed someone to put me on selection as they even said its ridiculous and what not and it was the recruiter i was talking too, luckily enough capita are very understanding with it and said theyd try get me pushed through as waiting 4 months was ridiculous after the interview.....well thats what they said so fingers crossed. I am a patient person to be honest but not when they have no idea where my documents went. Capita are ringing me tomorrow to hopefully have selection dates.
  11. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

That is part of the Capita responsibility under the new process so they are only doing what they are suppossed to. Recruiters can no longer get people allocated to selection, they can only give a recommendation (or not) but it will be the NRC candidate manager that has the responsibility to load (or not).

I understand your frustration but your recruiter is unable to do anything, it is all down to Capita.
  12. Cheers....capita are extremely helpful to be honest they are lovely to talk to and are fully understanding :) makes things less frustrating aha
  13. Aye thats what my bro said lost his blood group before he went to afgan!!!
  14. When they're not losing wars they're losing documents...

You could be the thickest dribbling jackest fucktard in the whole world, but as long as you can do a PFT in 9 mins the army thinks you're great.

And if you can't, there's always the RLC.