Application ceased

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by dkny, Aug 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Got the sad, but inevitable news the other day from the ACIO. My application failed at the RG8 stage -

This is really a post to thank all those, who have replied to my questions over the past 8 weeks or so.

In particular, i would like to express thanks to 'the iron', as it was he that answered most. I would also like to thank 'erus' and 'mysteron' for their often critical, but useful advice in general.

I wish all users of this site the very best for the future - my thoughts will continue to remain with those serving, and their family and friends.
  2. well thankyou. how kind you and good luck in what ever you do.
  3. Oh no, thats unfortunate dkny - best of luck for your future!
  4. Didn't see your earlier posts, but thanks for having the moral fibre to come back and thank people.

Shame, we need more like you.

All the best in whatever you do. :wink:
  5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

DKNY - Good Lad, well said - nevermind about your application, things happens for a reason - and best of luck for the future.
  6. Hard luck Dnky, it is a depressing feeling and I felt bad as a recruiter when I had to inform applicants at this stage, not knowing if it is a deferral period or definate below medical entry standards, but you should know that by your letter.
    Good luck to the future though mate and hold your head high and remember that at least you have tried.

ps have you thought about being an adult instructor in the ACF as I have met quite a few over the years in your position. Just a thought.

Take care.