Apple Presentation 2018

The watch does interest me, though with my track history of breaking watches within weeks, it isn't something i can justify spending the money on it.

The ECG function is restricted to the USA only too at the moment, so i can see people here in the UK not realising that and getting a bit of a sad on, when they do notice.

I for one prefer having a fingerprint sensor for unlocking, in addition to any face unlock they might have. It's just so much easier when the phone is on a bed side table etc. No need to bring it all the time directly in front of your face. Sadly the new iphones have done away with the finger print option. A lot of the newer Androids have both.
The Android version of faceID at the moment uses a standard camera which can be fooled by a photo of the owner. That's not acceptable to the banks so they need to have the finger print option to allow banking transactions. The Apple version uses a 3D laser sensor which , in conjunction with a limited number of operating system versions, is far more secure and the banks accept is as sufficient evidence of identity on its own.

Android is about to start rolling out the 3D faceID version so you can expect some of the finger print sensors to disappear over time, not least because doing so allows the screen to fill more of the phone's frame. Some Android phones may still keep a sensor on the back. That's because it's more difficult to achieve a high level of security when it has to be compatible with many versions of the operating system, which is a challenge that Android developers have to cope with more than IOS developers.

The Android version of faceID at the moment uses a standard camera which can be fooled by a photo of the owner. That's not acceptable to the banks so they need to have the finger print option to allow banking transactions. The Apple version uses a 3D laser sensor which , in conjunction with a limited number of operating system versions, is far more secure and the banks accept is as sufficient evidence of identity on its own.

Android is about to start rolling out the 3D faceID version so you can expect some of the finger print sensors to disappear over time, not least because doing so allows the screen to fill more of the phone's frame. Some Android phones may still keep a sensor on the back. That's because it's more difficult to achieve a high level of security when it has to be compatible with many versions of the operating system, which is a challenge that Android developers have to cope with more than IOS developers.
I was talking about the sensor on the back. But yes, agree with you.

If you are an adult with opposable thumbs, would you not feel just ever so slightly silly and manipulated to be one of these tossers?

Diehard Apple fans queue for new iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
It's similar to the ridiculous practice in the UK of having the VRN change every 6 months (12 months as was). People buy cars to be delivered on the first day the new registration is available. Stupid idea, it falsely devalues the older cars. The car the dealer delivered the day before, that may have even been manufactured more recently, is worth less when traded-in because it has an older reg no. Yet people still get worked up over having a brand new car on the first day of the new registration.

Still, I'm not knocking them, if that's their thing, who am I to call them tossers?

It's similar to the ridiculous practice in the UK of having the VRN change every 6 months (12 months as was). People buy cars to be delivered on the first day the new registration is available. Stupid idea, it falsely devalues the older cars. The car the dealer delivered the day before, that may have even been manufactured more recently, is worth less when traded-in because it has an older reg no. Yet people still get worked up over having a brand new car on the first day of the new registration.

Still, I'm not knocking them, if that's their thing, who am I to call them tossers?
I still don't get the whole UK registration system which lie you mentioned, keeps changing, with the number plate signifying the year of the car. Not that I care, since I don't even have a car here! No. plates in the U.S. don't really mean much in that aspect. Also, they stay with the owner and not the vehicle, unlike here in the UK.

Anyways, enough of car speak, unless the topic involves Apple CarPlay.

Anyways, enough of car speak, unless the topic involves Apple CarPlay.
Ah, now there’s a thing: my car uses CarPlay and as of two days ago I can now use Google Maps again, which Android users have had access to for ever (or so it seems). Brilliant! And only a few days till I’ll be able to upgrade again back to Waze. All good, even if it took a while...

Ah, now there’s a thing: my car uses CarPlay and as of two days ago I can now use Google Maps again, which Android users have had access to for ever (or so it seems). Brilliant! And only a few days till I’ll be able to upgrade again back to Waze. All good, even if it took a while...
Unfortunately, Google bought Waze, so we'll have to wait and see if they bugger it up.

A couple of geeks in the company have got to play with the new iPhone. If you have the previous version it's a small step forward, but still noticeably better, handles multitasking really well, if you're into flicking between apps or resource hungry stuff. Camera lags a bit behind top-end rivals.

Unfortunately, Google bought Waze, so we'll have to wait and see if they bugger it up.

A couple of geeks in the company have got to play with the new iPhone. If you have the previous version it's a small step forward, but still noticeably better, handles multitasking really well, if you're into flicking between apps or resource hungry stuff. Camera lags a bit behind top-end rivals.
Agree with your first para, but don't understand your second - sorry.. :)