Apple now want exclusive use of the word 'Pod'

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by maguire, Sep 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'Apple really, really, really wants exclusive rights to the word “Pod,” in names for tech products, the company has argued in an 873-page legal brief filed earlier this week.
    Steve Jobs & Co submitted the voluminous document in a dispute with Sector Labs, a startup that's developing a projector called the Video Pod, Wired.com reported. The Reg has been unable to confirm this because the filing (PDF, we're told) was evidently more than the Patent and Trademark Office website could bear.

Apple is reportedly arguing that a video projector with the word “Pod” in its name would cause confusion with its own iPod products. Apple has a long history of attacking tech companies that use the name, going after MyPodder, TightPod, PodShow and Podium. And, of course, one can't forget the company's threats against the iPood, a small spade used by Aussie campers to bury their shit. But according to Wired.com, Sector Labs is the only outfit to take Apple on.'

Apple in 873-page legal claim to word 'Pod' • The Register

I really hope they succeed in telling apple where to get off. greedy, bullying corporate gobshites.

Video Pod - iPod - no, I keep trying but I cant get them confused. damn.

2. This exciting post has made my night. Any more exciting titbits of info for us?

3. I think Hannah-Barbara/Thunderbirds might have greater pull with regards "intellectual" rights, than Greenpeace.

4. Any word from the Whales yet

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

well, I'll try. although clearly I'm struggling to match your output.

;)

6. They want exclusive use of the word pod? Really, how dare they! I pea on that suggestion.

7. Listen Mush, I think you'll find that Greenpeas are already sticking it to them.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

"Fresh as the moment that the shell-like leguminous structure went pop?"

Doesn't really do it for me!

9. I invented apples.....i want royalties.

10. Almost but not quite as designer Ralph Lauren who several years ago sued the US Polo Association because the associations magazine for members is called "Polo"

11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Not exactly. PRL sued the USPA and Jordache for Breach of Copyright in respect of their trademark.

12. Right then.I claim the word Christmas.When do I get the royalty cheques?

13. I believe a certain Granny Smith from Worcester,is going to sue for the use of the word 'Apple'...........

14. I haven't taken a dump for three days, I'll just have a dose of Cassia angustifolia, as I'm not allowed to say senna pods.