Apple look to be going into 5G big time

Of course, it's crApple, so it won't work properly (or at all), and it will all be the users' fault. "You're holding the phone all wrong", "You sat on it" etc etc.

Apple now have total control though which is what they always do eventually.
They do love taking control of the whole "eco system" everything from manufacturing to apps...the reason why they started a plant to manufacture their own computers...it went bust, of course, but they have that paranoia for trying the least as they can to outsource and spread....unlike Google....pros and cons...

If my memory serves me and it may not. Modem is shorthand for modulation demodulation.

In any case, if 5G is that good and fast we may see the end of wired internet. Which makes sense in the long term because you do away with all that expensive copper and fibre.

The Back Bone, of the internet?

endure

GCM
If my memory serves me and it may not. Modem is shorthand for modulation demodulation.

In any case, if 5G is that good and fast we may see the end of wired internet. Which makes sense in the long term because you do away with all that expensive copper and fibre.

The Back Bone, of the internet?

Let's hope so. Three's first offering will be home 5G broadband rather than mobile phones.

All a modem does is transform one type of signal into another so digital to radio inside a phone.

Fixed lines are going nowhere, 5g will have all sorts of problems inside buildings. More so when houses have that lovely foil backed insulation.

Its all Brexits fault I tell'ee.(Not to mention US government, Russian, Chinese (insert choice here) conspiracy to control yada yada yada..... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE="vampireuk, post: 9416812, member: 16693" insulation.[/QUOTE]

fk insulation, what I need now is cooling..

endure

GCM
Fixed lines are going nowhere, 5g will have all sorts of problems inside buildings. More so when houses have that lovely foil backed insulation.

Depends which frequencies your supplier is using. They're going to be using some of the current low 4G frequencies which have reasonable penetration. Apart from that 4/5G aerials are quite innocuous. Fit and forget.

There'll always be fixed lines but I think that 5G will force some of the fixed line ISPs to up their game and become a bit more competitive.

Hopefully it might stop some of the 'new customer' syndrome.

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Correctomundo - 5G does not like, well lets say hates 'in building coverage', it simply doesn't work in real terms, fixed lines and in house 'router'type devises are at present the only solution - and do not believe anything the operators tell you.

Latest Threads