Apple have dropped the ball?

It seems Apple are really starting to cut off their nose to spite their face, considering they have vowed to destroy Android (Google) they have ditched Google Maps for their own version, which seems to be an absolute clusterfuck.

BBC News - Apple promises maps app will 'improve'

Same as Siri being a ******* joke, as opposed to Androids admittedly less far reaching, but **** load more reliable voice search/"verbal keyboard" (what ever the **** it's called, the one where you press the "mic" button to write texts and stuff)

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
starting?

Oh I agree they started long ago by pissing off every competitor with lawsuits left right and centre, but none of that would change the opinion of Apple fans who are at best ******* moronic. Sadly however I have a feeling that even releasing a sub standard and shoddy piece of software will not stop people from demanding Apple relieve them of their money.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh I agree they started long ago by pissing off every competitor with lawsuits left right and centre, but none of that would change the opinion of Apple fans who are at best ******* moronic. Sadly however I have a feeling that even releasing a sub standard and shoddy piece of software will not stop people from demanding Apple relieve them of their money.
everyone on here pretty much knows my views by now - every one of their unique selling points have slowly but surely evaporated over the years, but, as you say, it still wont stop the mactards from handed over their money and telling anyone who will listen how magical and revolutionary this new version is, and how worse performance is actually better.

I hopped into the Apple website, to buy one outright costs from £529 to £799. For that I would quite like a map that knows where places are.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I hopped into the Apple website, to buy one outright costs from £529 to £799. For that I would quite like a map that knows where places are.
when flash memory is the price it is, a price difference of £100 between the 32gb and the 64gb is a hell of a leap to my mind.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
But it's so shiny!

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhjDX-DUew[/video]
I was expecting a video of some furrytooth unboxing his sparkly new iPhone and spending 20 minutes creaming himself doing it

E

exmunkey

I avoid apple products the same way I avoid microsoft. Pisses me off the way they attempt to dominate the market rather than making it easier for the user
Glad to see a hiccup in the masterplan

I'm surprised more through rigorous tests weren't applied to iron out the mapping cluster shambles before they release version 5.

I'll no be updating anyway when my contract is due as the 4S fits my needs & requirements...

D

Dreamseller

I'm surprised more through rigorous tests weren't applied to iron out the mapping cluster shambles before they release version 5.

I'll no be updating anyway when my contract is due as the 4S fits my needs & requirements...
It's a common issue with Apple and their products. I find it hard understand why people are willing to accept Apple's blatant scamming of them.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

why bother with a QA department when you have the gullible masses to do it for you?

It's a common issue with Apple and their products. I find it hard understand why people are willing to accept Apple's blatant scamming of them.
Q: how can the mapping issue be 'common' when they've only just changed the format with this model?

beemer007:4632256 said:

Because with their desire to get rid of Google they are throwing out their shoddy versions without getting them up to scratch.

D

Dreamseller

Q: how can the mapping issue be 'common' when they've only just changed the format with this model?
Sorry if i wasn't clear. It's common issue that Apple release apps and other things, that haven't been tested enough, to see if it will work 100% when released.