Apple have dropped the ball?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by vampireuk, Sep 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It seems Apple are really starting to cut off their nose to spite their face, considering they have vowed to destroy Android (Google) they have ditched Google Maps for their own version, which seems to be an absolute clusterfuck.

BBC News - Apple promises maps app will 'improve'
  2. Same as Siri being a ******* joke, as opposed to Androids admittedly less far reaching, but **** load more reliable voice search/"verbal keyboard" (what ever the **** it's called, the one where you press the "mic" button to write texts and stuff)
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh I agree they started long ago by pissing off every competitor with lawsuits left right and centre, but none of that would change the opinion of Apple fans who are at best ******* moronic. Sadly however I have a feeling that even releasing a sub standard and shoddy piece of software will not stop people from demanding Apple relieve them of their money.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

everyone on here pretty much knows my views by now - every one of their unique selling points have slowly but surely evaporated over the years, but, as you say, it still wont stop the mactards from handed over their money and telling anyone who will listen how magical and revolutionary this new version is, and how worse performance is actually better.
  6. I hopped into the Apple website, to buy one outright costs from £529 to £799. For that I would quite like a map that knows where places are.
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

when flash memory is the price it is, a price difference of £100 between the 32gb and the 64gb is a hell of a leap to my mind.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

But it's so shiny!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I was expecting a video of some furrytooth unboxing his sparkly new iPhone and spending 20 minutes creaming himself doing it
  10. I avoid apple products the same way I avoid microsoft. Pisses me off the way they attempt to dominate the market rather than making it easier for the user
    Glad to see a hiccup in the masterplan
  11. Oh dear not another fight about such products.
  12. I'm surprised more through rigorous tests weren't applied to iron out the mapping cluster shambles before they release version 5.

I'll no be updating anyway when my contract is due as the 4S fits my needs & requirements...
  13. It's a common issue with Apple and their products. I find it hard understand why people are willing to accept Apple's blatant scamming of them.